By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - so how many posts do you have to have before people take you seriously?

@dib8rman: Whoa. I really wasn't up to date. I have to take my words back. Let's put it to 22k, although Soriku breaks the number tomorrow for having now more than 21,5k post, so i guess i have to update it to 23k soon.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

So nobody here remembers how Zenfolder used to be called a fanboy on a daily basis?

When all he did was make well though out reasoned posts that disagreed with people. That's the trouble with this place, you can either just agree with everyone and everyone will love you...That takes about 100 posts.

Or you can say what you think and back it up, but unless you have the writing skills of a pro or make very few outright assertions that is very difficult as the trolls here normally chop you up into bits after looking for the tinyest cracks in your argument.

Or you can take the mix of those 2 that a few sly members here take (DMeisterJ) comes to mind, he and a few others will very rarely make any assertions of their own but have a go at others with sarcastic remarks that are very annoying and nowhere near as intelligent as they would like to think.

Due to the general low IQ of VGchartz members, they cannot see these members for what they are and so they get pulled into that style of posting.

So 1000 posts if you disagree with most people and can write a good argument.

1 post if you bum the PS3

5000 posts if you bum the Xbox 360

100 posts if you bum people.

Nothing good comes of people taking other people on an internet forum seriously.

Very true...

Trouble is not everyone knows that ;)

Ask Rolstoppable..........

Around the Network

It is quality over quantity.

This place has a way of distinguishing between the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The good get praised.
The bad get chided.
The ugly get banned.

Think about it.

So there is no set number. But rather your body of work is what gets you respect. If you state arguments clearly, if you reason well, if you provide evidence. And if you remember that wishing something is so does not make it so.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Whatever you say during your first 100/200 posts most people if they disagree with your comments dismiss you as a noob, just keep plugging away.

I'm still not taken seriously but i take my love for Sega seriously and if you curse Sega you have me to answer to lol.

Curse you, Sega.

Ronster316 said:
Whatever you say during your first 100/200 posts most people if they disagree with your comments dismiss you as a noob, just keep plugging away.

I'm still not taken seriously but i take my love for Sega seriously and if you curse Sega you have me to answer to lol.

As others have said, you are taken seriously based on what it is you post. The number of posts you have will not help without something substantial (and not fanboy vitriol) to show off. No offense to you Ronstar, but you should see what I am talking about.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Baggins said:
There's the "Elitist" type who think they are above everyone else and talk down to everyone...

"Words of wisdom"
"OkeyDokey"

..,Many more though, they often talk without backing up their statements and rest on their post count as some kind of claim that they are always right. They reason arguments with ideoligies that are not universally accepted but don't care that this is the case. They are often well educated, but no more intelligent than most british people in their 20s - They normally are british.

Then there's the PS3 Fanboys, the illogical ones. They are generally very stupid and ignorant. They are the most insecure user and post complete rubbish on a hourly basis. No "guest" to the site takes them seriously and many people sign up to VGchartz simply to put these extremely irritating excuses for human beings straight.

"Obislut"
"Leo-J" <- although he is not one of these anymore.

I do hope I'm not saying anything wrong, as those 2 have been banned on numerous occassions for their fanboy rhetoric and stupidity.

I will update this post when I can be arsed.

And this kind of post will not get you taken very seriously.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.