By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trading X360 for a Wii (and needing game advice)

damndl0ser said:
ameratsu said:
DaGreatestHope said:
I usually tell people this.

Never sell your console because you will end up regretting it or re-buying it again later down the road.

If you want a Wii, just save up and get one.

This. Though if you have gaming PC then selling your xbox is not a big deal.

There are tons of games that come to the PS3 or the 360 that will not be on a PC.  

I agree, but having a Wii + PC is probably a better combo than x360 + PC. If i were him I wouldn't of sold anything, as selling consoles mid generation is a waste of money.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

How refreshing not to see 360 fanboys in here telling you, you made a mistake and you're going to hell.

I havn't tried any Wii games yet so can't give advice but I do know when I buy my Wii i will be going for Nintendo's 1st party offerings first. Can't go wrong that way :D

xcot said:

retarded comment much for moh:h2? it has the best online on wii and you just called it terrible?

Tell me, in what other wii game can you:

add a random person
add people you've played with that you like
give someone rep
send messages (restricted but still possible)
create lobbies
customise a match
be able to choose what match you want to join
have 32 people online at once without lag (the long death times aren't lag because the shoot the wall test says so)
etc.

It's not about the online features present it's about the gameplay features that should be standard that are missing, such as map vareity and gameplay modes.

The online will feel awful to a PC gamer. There are Wii games where the online is fine because the genre doesn't depend on robust features like Brawl and Mario Kart. Shooters are not one of these genres, and a lack of modes and variety is a killer for a PC FPS player.

I have both, a 360 and a Wii, and while I enjoy my 360 more because of the games, I do like the Wii alot.  Some of the games are still expensive, like Super Mario Galaxy and Mari Kart, but some less expensive games I have that are awesome are No More Heroes (my fave Wii game), the Trauma Center games, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is cheap and fun, and Red Steel is pretty good.  Hopefully those are enough to get you started. 

Get No More Heroes. I saw it for 20 bucks new at Circuit City a couple weeks back.

Around the Network

Wii games cost 49.99. PS360 games 59.99 which games are more expensive?

Anyway listen to Naz I agree with him whole heartedly. I don't reccomend selling a system but considering you have a high end pc, I don't see it as a big deal. Prime 3 is a must, Galaxy is waaay better than Sunshine, Kart is addicting as hell, Brawl is like crack.

All that and the games releasing this year look promising.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Super Paper Mario is really good, and one of the best games on the Wii. Get this before Mario Galaxy. It's a lot better.

If I were you, I would still look into Symphonia 2. It's not the best game in the world, but it's still decent. It's really cheap, too. I got mines for 20 bucks. I don't know how much it is brand new, though.

Zelda is another really good one.

Okami is solid.

There's not really too much for the Wii. Mario Galaxy is overrated, but it's still really good. I'd get Paper Mario first then pick it up later on if I were you.

Destiny Blade said:
Super Paper Mario is really good, and one of the best games on the Wii. Get this before Mario Galaxy. It's a lot better.

If I were you, I would still look into Symphonia 2. It's not the best game in the world, but it's still decent. It's really cheap, too. I got mines for 20 bucks. I don't know how much it is brand new, though.

Zelda is another really good one.

Okami is solid.

There's not really too much for the Wii. Mario Galaxy is overrated, but it's still really good. I'd get Paper Mario first then pick it up later on if I were you.

No it's not. I didn't like Sunshine or SM64 but couldn't stop smiling while playing Galaxy.