By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trading X360 for a Wii (and needing game advice)

So, after many time thinking while withstanding pressure from my younger brother, and after seeing how gorgeous many X360 'exclusives' look good on my Radeon HD3850-powered PC, I'v decided to trade my X360 for a Wii. The shit is: I don't know many good games for the small white box.

Last gen I've owned a GameCube (bought it even earlier than my PS2, like 6 years ago) and to be honest, I've not liked too much Super Mario Sunshine and the Zelda games. Is SMG better than SMS? There is any innovative aspect on the game?

Since Metroid is a must buy, I was wondering another good FPS game to be played on the Wii. I noticed many first-party games are really expensive on the Wii, and since I'm budget-constrained (gotta buy 6-7 games at max) I thought on buying some third party titles. Are Okami Wii a worthy title? And about some sega games, like Sonic and Nights - are they any great?

I'm completely on the dark. Please help me.

Around the Network

Any preferences?

Do you still have your GC controllers?

I'd recommend Zelda TP, Mario Galaxy (yes, it's better than SMS), Metroid Prime 3, and SSBB

If you're budget constrained i'd recommend Resident Evil 4 (if you dont have it), No More Heroes and Okami.

Don't buy the Sega games unless you really really want them.

As for FPS games, buy the upcoming game "The Conduit" when it gets released soon.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

SMS sucked, but SMG is the best Mario game ever. It combines the best of SMB 3 and SM64 with its own uniqueness.

Other games that are great;
MP3- Awesome controls and Boss battles
Mario Kart- Fun game with great online
No More Heroes - Brilliant
Trauma Centre - Good use of Wii controls
Brawl - Great fun with friends
RE Umbrella Chronicles - My favourite light game ever
RE4 - Classic
Fire Emblem- srpg

Up coming games http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=34940

Myself I would not sell a 360 to buy a Wii or vice the versa.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Galaxy is fantastic. It's endlessly better than Sunshine.

Other games you might like: RE4Wii, CoD:WaW or Medal of Honour: Heroes 2, No More Heroes, Zelda:TP, Fire Emblem RD,

Okami is definitely good on Wii. Widescreen is a plus over the PS2 version.

Mario Kart is THE multiplayer game of this gen so far. It's a must have on Wii imo.

Maybe save some money for upcoming games like Deadly Creatures, House of the Dead Overkill and MadWorld.

Around the Network

I usually tell people this.

Never sell your console because you will end up regretting it or re-buying it again later down the road.

If you want a Wii, just save up and get one.

Yes SMG is very innovative where SMS had no real innovation.. SMG also feels much more like the 2D mario games than any other 3D version

As for shooters, I'd wait until The Conduit unless you really need one, then I'd go for CoD: WaW although you probably already have this game.

Also a warning about Metroid, it's not your standard FPS, it has many adventure elements to it.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is the definitive version of that game if you didn't have that for gamecube or PS2 then it's one to buy.

Mario Kart Wii is a great game too that you'd enjoy once you get used to the controls, great online.

Okami is much like Zelda and as you didn't like Zelda, I wouldn't recommend it

For a great third party game, I'd say go for Madworld, it comes out in March and looks like a really interesting game.

So I'd say buy:

1. Super Mario Galaxy

2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

3. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (If you didn't have it for GameCube or PS2)

4. Mario Kart Wii

5. Madworld

6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (if you like local multiplayer - online is laggy)

and also buy Wii Play as it comes with a controller and is only $10 more than a remote on it's own :)

I have a 360 and Wii and I dont play with the Wii at all but it doesnt mean I will sell it ..I know games will be coming for it like The Conduit , Fatal Frame 4 , Madworld, Monster Hunter 4..etc

Don't sell you Xbox, just wait until you save enough for the Wii..

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Like others said I wouldn't recomend selling your XBOX for the Wii, try to save up for one.

You'll find a HD/Wii combo will work very nicely and you won't suffer from buyers remoarse.

some xbox exclusive takes time to port on PC but hey enjoy your wii...