By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trading X360 for a Wii (and needing game advice)

Games i would recommend (that i've played):

battalion wars 2 - best RTS i've played, its also a TPS
SMG - self explanatory
Twilight princess - SE
Metroid - SE
No more heroes - only buy if you're willing to endure boring fillers, though the bosses are great fun
Okami - Amazing
RE4 - SE
CoD5 - get it on your pc i guess
SSBB - SE
Lost winds - downloadable great game
Mario strikers charged - amazing fun for a couple of months, though you'll eventually get bored.

theres more but i can't be bothered.

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Around the Network

don't sell the 360 save for a wii

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

and for the record, i prefered SMS to SMG, i don't care what anyone says. Yes SMG was the better game by merits, but SMS was more fun to me.

First, I'd like to tell you some games NOT to get that others will recommend you:

Medal of Honor Heroes 2: This game is complete crap in everything but the control system. People may say gameplay is most important, but if visuals, AI, levels, and online all blow then there isn't much point in playing.

Call of Duty: World at War: You have a nice gaming PC. Don't waste your money on the gimped Wii version. It's fine if that's the only console you have, but obviously it's not for you.

The Conduit: STOP TRYING TO SELL A GAME THAT'S NOT OUT PEOPLE.

Tales of Symphonia 2: Mediocre Tales game with no exploration. Extremely half-assed.

Now, some stuff TO get:

-Zack & Wiki is an incredibly clever and enjoyable puzzle-adventure game.

-Okami is an amazing Zelda knock-off with beautiful graphics and music. Great for Zelda fans, and I don't see it in your profile on PS2.

-Mario Kart Wii is a lot of fun with great online.

-de Blob is a really awesome platformer.

-World of Goo, although available on PC, is cheaper on Wii. One of my favorite games this year, and IMO the best game on any of the 3 console arcade services.

-Fire Emblem if you like strategy games is one of the better ones out there.

-Super Paper Mario is pretty good fun.

-No More Heroes is a blast of arcady action.

-Metroid Prime 3 is the best Metroid Prime game and just an awesome game in general.

-Super Mario Galaxy is my second favorite Wii game, and one of the best games this generation. Truly a joy to play.

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl is tihe best game on Wii and one of the best games this gen.

If you are looking to replay a couple games you already own with better controls, you can get Twilight Princess and RE4 pretty cheap, which IMO are worth it. Enjoy your new console.

naznatips said:

First, I'd like to tell you some games NOT to get that others will recommend you:

Medal of Honor Heroes 2: This game is complete crap in everything but the control system. People may say gameplay is most important, but if visuals, AI, levels, and online all blow then there isn't much point in playing.

Call of Duty: World at War: You have a nice gaming PC. Don't waste your money on the gimped Wii version. It's fine if that's the only console you have, but obviously it's not for you.

The Conduit: STOP TRYING TO SELL A GAME THAT'S NOT OUT PEOPLE.

Tales of Symphonia 2: Mediocre Tales game with no exploration. Extremely half-assed.

Now, some stuff TO get:

-Zack & Wiki is an incredibly clever and enjoyable puzzle-adventure game.

-Okami is an amazing Zelda knock-off with beautiful graphics and music. Great for Zelda fans, and I don't see it in your profile on PS2.

-Mario Kart Wii is a lot of fun with great online.

-de Blob is a really awesome platformer.

-World of Goo, although available on PC, is cheaper on Wii. One of my favorite games this year, and IMO the best game on any of the 3 console arcade services.

-Fire Emblem if you like strategy games is one of the better ones out there.

-Super Paper Mario is pretty good fun.

-No More Heroes is a blast of arcady action.

-Metroid Prime 3 is the best Metroid Prime game and just an awesome game in general.

-Super Mario Galaxy is my second favorite Wii game, and one of the best games this generation. Truly a joy to play.

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl is tihe best game on Wii and one of the best games this gen.

If you are looking to replay a couple games you already own with better controls, you can get Twilight Princess and RE4 pretty cheap, which IMO are worth it. Enjoy your new console.

retarded comment much for moh:h2? it has the best online on wii and you just called it terrible?

Tell me, in what other wii game can you:

add a random person
add people you've played with that you like
give someone rep
send messages (restricted but still possible)
create lobbies
customise a match
be able to choose what match you want to join
have 32 people online at once without lag (the long death times aren't lag because the shoot the wall test says so)
etc.

Around the Network

I have been playing a Wii recently and there are a some pretty good games for it. I however would not recommend getting rid of your xbox360 unless you have a PS3 too.

I traded my PS3 for a Wii (only for a few months I might add) and so far I still play my 360 more than the Wii.

I liked Super Mario Galaxy but I was a little dissapointed in it.

Here are my favorites that I have tried on the Wii.

Mario Kart

No More Heroes

SSBB

Just starting Zelda TP but it seems promising.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

DaGreatestHope said:
I usually tell people this.

Never sell your console because you will end up regretting it or re-buying it again later down the road.

If you want a Wii, just save up and get one.

This. Though if you have gaming PC then selling your xbox is not a big deal.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
DaGreatestHope said:
I usually tell people this.

Never sell your console because you will end up regretting it or re-buying it again later down the road.

If you want a Wii, just save up and get one.

This. Though if you have gaming PC then selling your xbox is not a big deal.

There are tons of games that come to the PS3 or the 360 that will not be on a PC.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

You can't go wrong with Okami and Super Mario Galaxy. Galaxy destroys Sunshine, blows it well away, and these two games are definitely cream of the AAA crop (Okami and SMG). I don't want to reccommend anything less than brilliant as you're on a tight budget.

Obviously, as FPS things go, it's a bit light, but the much-hyped The Conduit is landing shortly, and Call of Duty: World at War is apparently very decent.

I'd swerve 'classic' Sega though. Nights is terrible, and the Sonic games have been hit and miss, mostly miss. Some new IPs coming up from Sega look much better; namely, Madworld (google it) and the aforementioned The Conduit.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

I played Okami for PS2 but I felt the controls woud really really fit on the Wii so I'll give a shot on this one.
Are the Sega games really that bad? I thought Sonic and the Secret Rings was the best Sonic since Adventure Battle 2...