By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for PS3 has a 5GB mandatory install

DuNnDuNn90 said:
yea!!! Dead Space if you're in for a thrill

I hope its clean enough for you bra! I tried to shine it up. You should of saw my rag it was filled with dust!

Yea//I heard that game was sick. I want to play that on the Xbox 360 though because of achievements//lol
If its multiplatform I usually go with the Xbox 360 version.

Around the Network

oh. lol. The only game i've ever played on 360 was madden 09 in target on this huge ass tv. I was used to ps controllers so i was just embarrassing myself in front of the store

Leap that wall if you're so great!!

SnakeEyez said:
Fumanchu said:
bRoKeN said:
how come the ps3 requires installs?

It's hard not to get too technical but it has everything to do with CLV vs CAV and disc optimisation.

Because of slower seek times inherent in CLV (Blu-ray) developers either impose a mandatory install or copy the game data multiple times on the blu-ray disc to increase otherwise slow load times. 

I don't know why Capcom insists upon the install - I guess because there's one dev team working on the game and they are pushed for simultaneous release dates.

This. I was thinking why capcom keeps doing this when it's obvious that the game fits in a DVD9. They could use all that extra space and make copies so that it can be played w/o an install. With all these capcom games that need big installs, it makes me wonder, how bad would the loading be w/o the install (or multiple copies in the same disc).

cant they make a faster blu ray drive

...yeah but they have to work around the lowest common denominator. They wouldn't be happy just leaving lengthy load times to early adopters.

good thing i have a 320gb hdd....too bad i wont' buy this game...resident evil stopped becoming a scary game after 2nd one...it's more of action game now...where are all the scary games now..nothing good anymore....

Around the Network

like I said on the PS Blog, feels like a Broken Silent Hill... not impressed

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

TacoBoy49 said:
Some people have a 20 gig HD. So after about 4 similar games, the PS3 becomes a paper weight.

Some people also have 300 gb HD based on how easy Sony made it to change the HD size.

ssj12 said:
like I said on the PS Blog, feels like a Broken Silent Hill... not impressed

feels like an improved RE4 to me.

xlost7 said:

lol//there you guys go I haven't abandoned my PS3//I do need to buy new games for it though. I only have Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

And this is your problem! Buy more games already!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pfft! so what? all pc games requires install and you dont see pc gamers complaining! whats so hard about deleting unused game installs? next people are gonna say that "hey but were gona play it again..sometime in the near future or something" so just install it then. whats 5-10 mins? go grab a sandwich or take a dump while the game installs.

seriously, those still complaining about installs..get over it already.