By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for PS3 has a 5GB mandatory install

i played the demo and i wasnt that impressed. I liked it in RE4 when you were alone without any help and that added more to the horror. RE4 was better...

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:
i played the demo and i wasnt that impressed. I liked it in RE4 when you were alone without any help and that added more to the horror. RE4 was better...

Last I checked RE5 is said to not even be a horror game anymore. They want to compete with Gears now. No can do.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
KylieDog said:
xlost7 said:
Glad to know. I was going to get the PS3 version cause I'm use to the PS controller. I mean its not a problem cause I have a 80GB PS3. But the fact of the matter is//those mandatory installs are a trip, seriously!

I mean you cannot play a single PS3 knowing you have to wait n install//lol//I will get the Xbox 360 version just because of Xbox Live and the Achievements portion.

You don't own one do you, or you would know a majority of PS3 game you just put the disc in and play with no install...

He almost decieved me lol. Seriously, some people think that having PSN ID's in thier sig gives them credibility to rant gibberish about the ps3 sometimes.

Sorry here is my proof//

It's a little dusty cuz I haven't touched it in weeks.

KylieDog said:
xlost7 said:
Glad to know. I was going to get the PS3 version cause I'm use to the PS controller. I mean its not a problem cause I have a 80GB PS3. But the fact of the matter is//those mandatory installs are a trip, seriously!

I mean you cannot play a single PS3 knowing you have to wait n install//lol//I will get the Xbox 360 version just because of Xbox Live and the Achievements portion.

You don't own one do you, or you would know a majority of PS3 game you just put the disc in and play with no install...

Warhawk/Uncharted/MGS4/DMC4, sorry alll those games had some type of install that required me to sit through. I'm not flaming the PS3 or anything just saying I prefer the Xbox 360 version. It was annoying in MGS4 watching that installing screen on MGS4.

Eh, I'll see if I still like it after the demo.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Around the Network

I played the demo and got my ass kicked by that giant guy with the axe. I was like WOW. reminds me of the things with blades on there arms in RE4 that cant see

Leap that wall if you're so great!!

DuNnDuNn90 said:
I played the demo and got my ass kicked by that giant guy with the axe. I was like WOW. reminds me of the things with blades on there arms in RE4 that cant see

Yeah, the Garrador, right?  I HATED that thing.  But RE4 was still a blast.  :D

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Yes RE4 was awesome. But.. I would be lying if I said it was better than the RE remake for GC. Scared the crap outta me. Definitely scariest game of all time

Leap that wall if you're so great!!

xlost7 said:
KylieDog said:
xlost7 said:

Warhawk/Uncharted/MGS4/DMC4, sorry alll those games had some type of install that required me to sit through. I'm not flaming the PS3 or anything just saying I prefer the Xbox 360 version. It was annoying in MGS4 watching that installing screen on MGS4.

Um...what?  Uncharted had no install whatsoever.

Other games with no install:

Killzone 2
Folklore
Call of Duty 4 (and World at War?)

Other games with tiny installs (in the mere hunders of megabytes that took no longer than a few seconds):

Ratchet & Cank Future
Resistance 1/2

Even LittleBigPlanet , which needed an install given the type of game, only required 600mb of HDD space.  Not all, let alone most, of the ps3's games require installs.

Pristine20 said:
KylieDog said:
xlost7 said:

He almost decieved me lol. Seriously, some people think that having PSN ID's in thier sig gives them credibility to rant gibberish about the ps3 sometimes.

It's DMJ's cousin.  You can trust him.