By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for PS3 has a 5GB mandatory install

bah a huge install for a huge let down of a game. That being said even if RE5 neveer had a install it still wouldnt be a purchase for me.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

d21lewis said:

• Fire up the surround sound
  • Toss in the game
  • Start the install
  • Clean up the entire house (don't know why)
  • Use the bathroom
  • Enjoy opening logo(s), cinematic, and demo (when available)
  • Press start and prepare for the awesome.

maybe you should change your routine to that?

RE5 needs 5GBs of storage?

Is it for the political correctness patch or wat

xlost7 said:
@makingmusic

well I forgot about Uncharted. For some reason I thought it was a mandatory install on HDD required.

Maybe its because I see so many threads on people complaining about the install to HDD for PS3 games. That I figure all PS3 games require some type of install.

@Pristine20 & Kyliedog

Where are you guys? You two were the ones that didn't believe I had a PS3. That pic above is my 80GB PS3 that I have owned for about a year now. I don't bash the PS3. I love all consoles equal.

I have a PSN ID in my sig to not only to let people know I have a PS3 but for some people to add me. If you don't believe me send me a friend request and I will add you.

But don't accuse me or say I'm saying bad things about the PS3 and you know I'm only stating facts.

Well done on that pic.

@windbane Why you say that?

Around the Network

Installs are good for performance. For goodness sakes upgrade the damn HDD if its that big of a deal for you. For the price of a game you can upgrade to 250GB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149069

Ok with a 40gb you actually start off with like 37 i think. You got game saves and other crap which would probably bring you down to about 17 or 18. Get Resident Evil 5. brings you to about 12 or 13. Nothing wrong there. And if your one of those people that buy games all the time then why the hell do you have a 40gb. No offense i'm just tryin to ease the tension lol

Leap that wall if you're so great!!

xlost7 said:
@windbane Why you say that?

Just good way to show them they're wrong.

xlost7 said:
@makingmusic

well I forgot about Uncharted. For some reason I thought it was a mandatory install on HDD required.

Maybe its because I see so many threads on people complaining about the install to HDD for PS3 games. That I figure all PS3 games require some type of install.

@Pristine20 & Kyliedog

Where are you guys? You two were the ones that didn't believe I had a PS3. That pic above is my 80GB PS3 that I have owned for about a year now. I don't bash the PS3. I love all consoles equal.

I have a PSN ID in my sig to not only to let people know I have a PS3 but for some people to add me. If you don't believe me send me a friend request and I will add you.

But don't accuse me or say I'm saying bad things about the PS3 and you know I'm only stating facts.

Some people take a insult to their favorite console as if it's a slight of one of their family members.

why is your ps3 so dusty in your pic?? Why don't you play it??

Leap that wall if you're so great!!