By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MegaMan (NES) is really friggen hard! o_0

mtlca66 said:
i beat megaman 2. it was ONLY possible on an emulator though lol. i had the ability to cheat and save right before hard parts haha. otherwise that game is damn near impossible.

Mega Man 2 isn't that hard.  In fact, Mega Man is much harder.  Mega Man 3 is harder as well.  I do consider Mega Man 2 as the best in the series though, followed by Mega Man 3.  I've also been able to beat Mega Man 2 using only the regular weapon (we always called it the "p-shooter" because in the menu it is under the letter P), except where you had to use another weapon to advance.

I do enjoy the challenge of the early Mega Man games.  It makes me sad to see all the crap that the Mega Man X series turned into.  I almost cried playing things like Mega Man X4, what a devolution.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network
elprincipe said:
mtlca66 said:
i beat megaman 2. it was ONLY possible on an emulator though lol. i had the ability to cheat and save right before hard parts haha. otherwise that game is damn near impossible.

Mega Man 2 isn't that hard.  In fact, Mega Man is much harder.  Mega Man 3 is harder as well.  I do consider Mega Man 2 as the best in the series though, followed by Mega Man 3.  I've also been able to beat Mega Man 2 using only the regular weapon (we always called it the "p-shooter" because in the menu it is under the letter P), except where you had to use another weapon to advance.

I do enjoy the challenge of the early Mega Man games.  It makes me sad to see all the crap that the Mega Man X series turned into.  I almost cried playing things like Mega Man X4, what a devolution.

Hey! MegaMan X isn't that bad! Never played X4, but the original MegaMan X was great!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
griffinA said:
Soriku said:
Welcome to old school!

For people who played both, is Mega Man or Metroid (NES) harder?

Metroid is just plain frustrating, all the levels look really similar and there's no map!

Metroid isn't hard.  It's just easy to get lost and confused about where you're going if you don't pay attention.  If you make a map or use a map from the internet, it becomes easy.

__XBrawlX__ said:
elprincipe said:
mtlca66 said:

Hey! MegaMan X isn't that bad! Never played X4, but the original MegaMan X was great!

If you haven't played X4 then don't talk about it.

Even today I regard Megaman X as probably the best game in the entire Megaman franchise.  The later X games were noticeably less interesting.  Also, MMX has the best OST in the entire franchise:

Yeah todays so called "hardcore" games have nothing on the 80's and early 90's games.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

__XBrawlX__ said:
elprincipe said:
mtlca66 said:

Despite the dashing and charged shots, MegaMan X is hard too

MegaMan X4 is, by far, the best MegaMan X game, but it's fairly easy

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

I have been trying to finish Battletoads for a while now. I have come to the conclusion that it is harder than any mega man game I have played. So far, I have gotten halfway thru the Gargantuan Ducts.

Flow said:

Megaman X is, for me, the easiest of the X franchise. 

It was especially easy having just come from playing the NES Megaman games when it was released.  Dashing and wall-climbing basically put Megaman's mobility through the roof.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Flow said:

Megaman X is, for me, the easiest of the X franchise. 

It was especially easy having just come from playing the NES Megaman games when it was released.  Dashing and wall-climbing basically put Megaman's mobility through the roof.

Oh damn, i wanted to say the MegaMan X series :(

Although i agree that MegaMan X was the easiest

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

The first Mega Man is the hardest game of the franchise, partially because of stupid design decisions and partially because the stages and some bosses are just plain ruthless. The Select-trick (pause and unpause rapidly with the select button when your shot sprite is on an enemys weak spot) makes the bosses a whole lot more tolerable for beginners, but the stages are all about memorization for the first few times. Once you get the stages and patterns down, the game becomes quite easy.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Megaman 9 is much harder than, 2,3 and quite a bit harder 4,5,6

I have beaten all of those with relative ease. Megaman 1 and 9 are the hardest I have yet to encounter.