By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MegaMan (NES) is really friggen hard! o_0

demacII said:
Megaman 9 is much harder than, 2,3 and quite a bit harder 4,5,6

I have beaten all of those with relative ease. Megaman 1 and 9 are the hardest I have yet to encounter.

I dunno - Mega Man 9 has the shop feature, none of the stages have really frustrating segments (Wily 1, Plug and Tornado are probably the worst offenders), every weapon is not only useful but good, there's a save feature, and the game is quite short. Plus you have unlimited continues. I'd say that 9 is harder than 2 and 4-7, but easier than the rest.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Around the Network

Beating the bosses in the proper order is the important thing in any Megaman Game but even more so in 1, cuz it's nearly impossible to beat them any other way.

And the ending is just brutal, especially the mega man clones. But once your used to the game, it becomes easier.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Mise said:
demacII said:

I have beaten all of those with relative ease. Megaman 1 and 9 are the hardest I have yet to encounter.

I dunno - Mega Man 9 has the shop feature, none of the stages have really frustrating segments (Wily 1, Plug and Tornado are probably the worst offenders), every weapon is not only useful but good, there's a save feature, and the game is quite short. Plus you have unlimited continues. I'd say that 9 is harder than 2 and 4-7, but easier than the rest.

I miss the difficulty in the really Megaman games.

I remember playing MMZ for the GBA and being really disappointed in th ending.  I got to the final boss and beat it without getting hit once.  I'm like "well that was easy, what's next" when the credits start going.  I couldn't believe that was the boss.  I didn't have to heal.  I didn't have to restart and try again.  I didn't have to memorize its patterns with retries, I just ran through and killed it without even breaking a sweat.

SmokedHostage said:
Megaman 2 is regarded as the best and hardest of the 9. I think 3 is harder though. :P

What?  I thought 2 was one of the easier ones?

Diffculty wise i'd go

9,1,6,5,7,3,2,4.  (never played 8.)

Of course maybe I just thing 2,3 and 4 were so easy because they were the ones i replayed the most.

Also outside of 1 and 9 I wouldn't even say the Megaman games were hard.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Mise said:
demacII said:

I miss the difficulty in the really Megaman games.

I remember playing MMZ for the GBA and being really disappointed in th ending.  I got to the final boss and beat it without getting hit once.  I'm like "well that was easy, what's next" when the credits start going.  I couldn't believe that was the boss.  I didn't have to heal.  I didn't have to restart and try again.  I didn't have to memorize its patterns with retries, I just ran through and killed it without even breaking a sweat.

Yeah, only the so-called "überhard HC games" seem to put up a fight these days. Hell, you can put games like FFXII on automatic and let it fight for you!

But then again - a lot of the difficulty of many ye olde games came from technical constraints and harebrained design, instead of being well-designed and challenging at the same time.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
SmokedHostage said:
Megaman 2 is regarded as the best and hardest of the 9. I think 3 is harder though. :P

What?  I thought 2 was one of the easier ones?

Diffculty wise i'd go

9,1,6,5,7,3,2,4.  (never played 8.)

Of course maybe I just thing 2,3 and 4 were so easy because they were the ones i replayed the most.

Also outside of 1 and 9 I wouldn't even say the Megaman games were hard.

2 IS one of the easier ones. The only tougher stage is the Quickman laser gauntlet (which isn't THAT hard, honestly), everyone is weak to the buster, Metal Blade is the most overpowered weapon ever in MM games, and the bosses are easy except for the two trick-based ones.

As a Mega Man geek, I'd arrange the games as such, from hardest to easiest:

3 has the brutal Doc Robot stages, 8 has the Jump Jump Slide Slide BS and no E-tanks, and 7 has the hardest MM boss fight ever (the only challenging thing in the entire game).

I still haven't beaten Megaman 1. Its mostly due to being forced back when hit. I think they added a short duration of invincibility to fix that in Mega man 2. As for mega man 9's difficulty its mostly due to navigating the environment not the enemies them selves. I have yet to pass that first part of willy's castle (MM9) with the lava beams or what ever.

Soriku said:
Welcome to old school!

For people who played both, is Mega Man or Metroid (NES) harder?

if you don't use a walkthrough I would say that Metroid is harder...Mega Man games usually start out pretty hard then after you get the lay of the stages and bosses you can beat any of them fairly easily...for example when Mega Man 9 came out for WiiWare my first time was close to four hours the second time I beat it it was an hour and 15 minutes and the third time I beat it in about 52 minutes

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

__XBrawlX__ said:
elprincipe said:
mtlca66 said:
i beat megaman 2. it was ONLY possible on an emulator though lol. i had the ability to cheat and save right before hard parts haha. otherwise that game is damn near impossible.

Mega Man 2 isn't that hard.  In fact, Mega Man is much harder.  Mega Man 3 is harder as well.  I do consider Mega Man 2 as the best in the series though, followed by Mega Man 3.  I've also been able to beat Mega Man 2 using only the regular weapon (we always called it the "p-shooter" because in the menu it is under the letter P), except where you had to use another weapon to advance.

I do enjoy the challenge of the early Mega Man games.  It makes me sad to see all the crap that the Mega Man X series turned into.  I almost cried playing things like Mega Man X4, what a devolution.

Hey! MegaMan X isn't that bad! Never played X4, but the original MegaMan X was great!

Sorry if you misunderstood.  I actually like the original Mega Man X quite a bit.  It has superb music and is a lot of fun to play.  However, as the series went on it got worse...as I said I feel X4 is extremely poor as are the ones following it.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Senlis said:
I have been trying to finish Battletoads for a while now. I have come to the conclusion that it is harder than any mega man game I have played. So far, I have gotten halfway thru the Gargantuan Ducts.

I think Battletoads and Ghosts 'N Goblins are the hardest NES games that I've played (I've played most of them).  I've gotten close to beating Battletoads, but failed.  I can't even get close on G-N-G (this is coming from someone who has beaten Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts).

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)