By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MegaMan (NES) is really friggen hard! o_0

elprincipe said:

I think Battletoads and Ghosts 'N Goblins are the hardest NES games that I've played (I've played most of them).  I've gotten close to beating Battletoads, but failed.  I can't even get close on G-N-G (this is coming from someone who has beaten Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts).

That is not very encouraging to me you know

Around the Network
Senlis said:
elprincipe said:

I think Battletoads and Ghosts 'N Goblins are the hardest NES games that I've played (I've played most of them).  I've gotten close to beating Battletoads, but failed.  I can't even get close on G-N-G (this is coming from someone who has beaten Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts).

That is not very encouraging to me you know

Haha, sorry!  Keep trying.  I've had people tell me they've beaten it, and I don't think it's impossible, just tough.  You'll feel you've accomplished something in beating it, unlike most of today's games.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Senlis said:
I have been trying to finish Battletoads for a while now. I have come to the conclusion that it is harder than any mega man game I have played. So far, I have gotten halfway thru the Gargantuan Ducts.

Definitely, Battletoads is probably the hardest game I've ever played. I didn't played the first Megaman though. I recently played Megaman 2 on Virtual Console, I haven't finished it but I don't think it's very difficult. You can also select the Normal difficulty which make it easier. Megaman 3 is harder probably because it has the Megaman 2 bosses on Willy's castle.

Megaman 9? Nahh, it's easy too, is just about memorization. As someone said, the first time it took me 4 hrs, and now I can finish it in 50 min. You also have a shop that makes the game a lot easier. You can download some extra difficulties, or playing as Protoman, which makes the game more challenging if you want.

MegamanX was amazing, but was not difficult, still my favorite Megaman of all kinds, with MegamanX2.

The most difficult Megaman I've played is probably Megaman Zero 4 on Gameboy Advance on the Hard difficulty. That's almost IMPOSSIBLE to beat!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

"Senlis said:
I have been trying to finish Battletoads for a while now. I have come to the conclusion that it is harder than any mega man game I have played. So far, I have gotten halfway thru the Gargantuan Ducts."

Wait until you try the next to the last level with the unicycle race. Its really hard and took three weeks to perfect to beat that level. The last level isn't quite as bad but looked great for that time. The queen only takes 25 hits to defeat.

Mega Man X 5 and 6 were very hard. The orginal Mega man was challenging until you learn the levels and bosses. I thought Mega Man 3&4 were the best due to the new moves and the buster.

I believe Mega Man X4 was the one you could play as Zero the entire game. That was interesting: Not having a gun but using a sword and you get special moves from beating bosses.