By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock widescreen issue

Hey apparantly Bioshock has an issue when playing in standard 4:3 ratio. The widescreen issue is that you end up seeing less and not more. Do you guys think that this should affect some of those perfect ratings that it received? I mean Mario Party 8 took a big hit from its widescreen borders. Some people are canceling their orders till the issue is resolved. Maybe they will fix those freezing bugs too.  http://kotaku.com/gaming/shortscreened/bioshocks-widescreen-pissing-people-off-291697.php

Around the Network

What freezing issues?  Only one reviewer seems to have experienced freezing and it's the same symptoms as someone who is close to getting the RROD.

Edit: Oops I guess the article mentions some people in the forum cancelling preorders.

Bomb confirmed, preorder cancelled, selling 360....

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

"So what happened? So far no one officially has commented in the 2K forum post. Just a lot of angry people canceling their preorders until the issue is addressed and fixed."
It's probably until the issue gets fixed. Like forever blue. Won't hurt the game in the long run.

This is enough to make me hold out and get Metroid first. I just can't believe not one reviewer mentioned this. The forums are a buzz though.

Around the Network

They likely didn't notice. Most people who have widescreen tvs (like me) just have the 360 set to widescreen and never think about changing it to 4:3.

There might be an easy fix for the PC version. A lot of first person games (/shooters) let you simply change the fov (field of view) by editing a line in an .ini file, which should solve the problem.

It looks amazing, if nobody told me about this I would never notice, go and buy bioshock it's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went to the 2K forum. Lots of angry people. I don't see why they can't fix this on their next shipment of games. But then again what do I know.

javierdacosta said:
It looks amazing, if nobody told me about this I would never notice, go and buy bioshock it's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya it is a great game but for people with widescreen TV's, they are meant to see more, not less. Forever blue had a recall but 2K might fix this on their next shipment, or an update. Either way they need to speak up and say something. I have a standard TV but will upgrade to a HDTV later this year.