By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have notice something about game websites anticipating games of 2009

Onyxmeth said:
Munkeh111 said:
Apart from Star Ocean 4, there are no real exclusives to get excited about, with so little information on Alan Wake

On the other hand, the PS3 has Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy XIII, GT 5, Killzone 2, probably for this year

If you take Uncharted 2 out of this sentence...

On the other hand, the PS3 has God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy XIII, GT 5, Killzone 2, probably for this year

That sounds suspiciously like something that would have been said in January 2008.

The irony is that it keeps going on and on like this every single year.  Am I too old for this place?

Around the Network

Despite what PS3 fanboys think, the 360 does have a fair amount of good looking games coming this year. It's just that none of them have the hype of KZ2, Uncharted 2, GOW 3, GT5 etc. Alan Wake, Splinter Cell, Ninja Blade, Star Ocean 4 aren't as "huge" as those, so game websites don't bother to mention them. That's my guess at least.

Onyxmeth said:
Munkeh111 said:
Apart from Star Ocean 4, there are no real exclusives to get excited about, with so little information on Alan Wake

On the other hand, the PS3 has Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy XIII, GT 5, Killzone 2, probably for this year

On the other hand, the PS3 has God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy XIII, GT 5, Killzone 2, probably for this year

That sounds suspiciously like something that would have been said in January 2008.

I wonder if they just copy and paste year after year. update it with new titles accordingly..... you know they say duke will be out this year, they should put that on the list too. it would be the ultimate list if it had that game on it.... duke could raise the ps3 to the top all on his own 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Halo 3 ODST anyone ?

FFXIII will be only available in Japan this year (and multiplat release in 2010)
God of War 3 is 2010
Gran Turismo 5 won't be released in 2009 outside of Japan IMO

yea looks like the list next year will include GT5, God War 3, FF13 just like last year did

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Munkeh111 said:

None of those games were ever going to come out in 2008, and certainly God of War 3 had not been announced then, so it would not count.

May I point out we are talking about the most anticipated games, and so when it is a probably we can get excited about it (well you have to be Japanese for XIII). May I also point out that a Ratchet and Clank is confirmed for this year, though it does not really count as being officially announced

irstupid said:
yea looks like the list next year will include GT5, God War 3, FF13 just like last year did

Munkeh111 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Munkeh111 said:

None of those games were ever going to come out in 2008, and certainly God of War 3 had not been announced then, so it would not count.

May I point out we are talking about the most anticipated games, and so when it is a probably we can get excited about it (well you have to be Japanese for XIII). May I also point out that a Ratchet and Clank is confirmed for this year, though it does not really count as being officially announced

That's funny because those games not being announced for 2008 didn't stop anyone from adding them, kinda like how even though most signs point to GT5 releasing in 2010, you still put it in for 2009. Let me know, because I'm sure I can dredge up some January/February 2008 topics that have those exact same games on them that never made 2008.

It's all a matter of Sony having a laundry list of games that were announced long ago still not out and they are used by fans every single year in their "This is why so and so year is so good for PS3". You are a smart individual, so I know you wouldn't add in games like MAG, LA Noire, and FF Versus XIII, but a sizeable amount of Sony fans here are using them for 2009, and they'll be using them next year also.

My whole point, was how funny it is that almost the exact same reasons people said 2008 had the best lineup back in January 2008, are the exact same reasons people are now saying 2009 is the best lineup. Why don't we just count the chickens that are likely to hatch in 2009 and in the regions we care about?

Here we go:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=10762 (By DMeisterJ in November 2007)

PlayStation 3 Blu-Ray Games

• Afrika - Rhino Studios
  • The Agency - Sony Online Entertainment
  • Big Time Revenge - Anygame Company
  • Bipedal Movement Simulation - Artdink
  • Brave Arms - Cellius
  • Buzz Quiz TV - Relentless Software
  • Chain Limit - Cellius
  • Coded Arms Assault - Konami
  • Digimon World Online - Namco Bandai
  • Disgaea 3 - Nippon Ichi
  • DC Universe - Sony Online Entertainment
  • Driver - Reflections Interactive
  • Eight Days - Sony Computer Entertainment London
  • Hot Shots Golf 5 - Clap Hanz/Sony Computer Entertainment International
  • Eyedentify - Sony Computer Entertainment Japan
  • Final Fantasy XIII - Square Enix (Maybe 2009)
  • Free Realms - Sony Online Entertainment
  • The Getaway 3 - Sony Computer Entertainment London
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Polyphony Digital Entertainment
  • Gran Turismo 5 - Polyphony Digital Entertainment
  • Haze - Free Radical Design
  • Heavy Rain - Quantic Dream
  • Infamous - Sucker Punch Studios
  • Killzone 2 - Guerilla Games
  • LittleBigPlanet - Media Molecule
  • Metal Gear Solid 4:  Guns of the Patriots - Kojima Productions
  • MotorStorm 2 - Evolution Studios
  • Naruto - CyberConnect2
  • Resistance:  Fall of Man 2 - Insomniac
  • Singstar - Sony Computer Entertainment London
  • Socom:  Confrontation - Slant Six Games
  • Tekken 6 - Namco Bandai
  • Valkyrie The Battlefield - Sega
  • Wardevil - Digi-Guys
  • White Knight Story - Level 5
  • Yakuza 3 - Sega Entertainment

PlayStation Network Titles:

• Echochrome
  • Wipeout HD
  • Dark Mist
  • More Eyetoy Games

Multiplatform Games with XBOX 360:

• Ace Combat 6
  • Beautiful Katamari
  • Devil may Cry 4
  • Dynasty Warriors 6
  • Eternal Sonata
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Silent Hill V
  • The Last Remnant

All in all, I'm pretty impressed with the lineup of games I may have to play next year for the PS3 :)

EDIT - God Of War 3 confirmed for 2009, Haze delayed until 2008.  Metal Gear Solid 4 and Online combined confirmed according to Official PlayStation Magazine

Munkeh, your comment is the fifth reply down:

Jak and Daxter not coming out next year, naughty dog's next game is coming out '09 and will likely be Uncharted 2, however, the rest does look awesome

Out of everything on that list, you commented on two Naughty Dog games being incorrect and thought the rest was awesome. 5/6 games on the list you provided right here in 2009, God of War 3, Gran Tursimo 5, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2 and Final Fantasy XIII(as a maybe) were on this 2008 list you commented on and thought was awesome.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

well those list are all about hype so no wonder that ps3 exclusive and soon-to-be-multiplatform games are on those lists when sony is announcing and hyping them every year like they will be released next week and then release them 4 years later.

if those lists were about quality and actual games it would different thing and games like killzone 2 and uncharted 2 wouldn't even make onto those lists.

According to Sony, God of War III's release is still TBA 2009. Gran Turismo 5 is officially scheduled to be released during Christmas 2009 in Europe too.