By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - first images and details for ps3 exclusive under siege.

Squilliam said:
makingmusic476 said:
Already the comparisons with Halo Wars have started? My gosh. And some unknown Portuguese team won't be able to top Ensemble Studios. No way in hell.

@Squilliam:

Far more success? You imply that there are RTSes on the ps3 of which we can gauge any success or failure.

Either way, any RTS on a console is destined for failure. Halo Wars will be the first to break a million, but only because of the name.

Which is pretty much why im confused as to why they would bother to make it exclusive to the PS3.

Or exclusive to any console(s). :P

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:
makingmusic476 said:
Already the comparisons with Halo Wars have started? My gosh. And some unknown Portuguese team won't be able to top Ensemble Studios. No way in hell.

@Squilliam:

Far more success? You imply that there are RTSes on the ps3 of which we can gauge any success or failure.

Either way, any RTS on a console is destined for failure. Halo Wars will be the first to break a million, but only because of the name.

Which is pretty much why im confused as to why they would bother to make it exclusive to the PS3.

Or exclusive to any console(s). :P

Especially the PS3, one could argue there is a small group of RTS fans with an Xbox 360 considering the number of ex PC gamers and the games which have been released already.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Im so awesome, I can see that divorcing themselves from the platforms which have had the most success within the genre can only lead to a breakthrough success for this game!

Why, pray, did Square Enix release The Last Remnant (timed is still exclusive) and Tales of Vesperia Star Ocean IV as 360 exclusives, when Japan is clearly the largest JRPG-purchasing territory, and the PS3 has triple the 360's userbase?

I'm going to predict monethatting. For both.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The last remnant isn't an exclusive and tales has nothing to do with SE.

^TLR is timed exclusive, and Tales...oh shit, that's Namco.

Ummm....mm....Star Ocean 4!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective