By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - first images and details for ps3 exclusive under siege.

the visuals look great however im still sceptical about RTS games on consoles

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network

pretty,...but mouse/keyboard support?

CAL4M1TY said:
I don't have high hopes for this game.

Looking better than Halo Wars in still pictures as a means of saying this game is better than Halo Wars is fail.

More so than any other genre (except perhaps fighting games), a console RTS game must have intuitive controls and a rock solid frame rate. Judging by the early console RTS attempts, making really nice textures and not worrying about frame rate doomed most of the genre uptil now.

Not buying this game (I hate RTS games anyway).

React to what I posted on a sensible manner, please, lol. I didn't said the game will be better than Halo Wars because it looks better. Saying such a thing is just like saying I've just sugested Under Siege will have frame rate drops since it looks unbelieveable better lol.

rts on console=fails imo

The only rts i felt was decent with a controller wasred alert on the ps1.

Have any of you seen the latest vidoc about halo wars ? It looks jaw dropping and much better than this pos but yeah this is the usual attitude from sony fans when it comes to ps3 exclusives and that's what creates the meltdowns when these ps3 exclusives that are "better looking than everything else " don't get , in reviews, the marks for graphics that they "deserve"

Around the Network

Strategy on consoles? Pass. There hasn't been a decent one since Shadow of the Horned Rat on PS imo and even that was barely passable and only because of redeeming RPG elements.

Why exclusive on the PS3? I don't understand it really. The Xbox 360 has a far larger market share in the west and previous real time strategy games on the console have been far more successful.

This isn't a swipe at the PS3 at all, it just doesn't make sense for a third party to produce an RTS game exclusively on that platform especially as theres always a chance Microsoft will pick up their third party game and advertise it like one of their own.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Why exclusive on the PS3? I don't understand it really. The Xbox 360 has a far larger market share in the west and previous real time strategy games on the console have been far more successful.

This isn't a swipe at the PS3 at all, it just doesn't make sense for a third party to produce an RTS game exclusively on that platform especially as theres always a chance Microsoft will pick up their third party game and advertise it like one of their own.

Free online, could have heavy dnc for it.

I heard that isn't a blu-ray game....it is a PSN game
But I'm not sure about it...

Stoked for this one.