By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - first images and details for ps3 exclusive under siege.

"Last month, Seed Studios teased us with a splash page website featuring the silhouettes of three characters for an upcoming PS3 exclusive called Under Siege. No details on the game were given at the time, but after a recent update to the website, we now have the first details on Under Siege as well as a first look at the game in pre-alpha stage.

According to Seed Studios Lead Designer Bruno Ribeiro, Under Siege is a Real Time Strategy game that is built from the ground up for the PlayStation 3.

"Under Siege features an original world, unique gameplay elements and a control scheme designed with a console controller in mind," Ribeiro said. "We are also working on implementing a large number of multiplayer and community features with special emphasis on user generated content."

As you can see from the pre-alpha game shots, the visuals are very impressive. We are already waiting in anticipation to see more. Be sure to stay tuned as Seed Studios is expected to reveal more over the coming months."

here is the link: http://www.psu.com/First-images-and-details-for-PS3-exclusive-Under-Siege-News--a006286-p0.php

looking good what do you guys think?

here is what the blog says.

"Welcome to the Seed Studios Developer’s Diary first entry, my name is César and I am the Community Manager. I’m here to talk to you about our latest project, Under Siege. The main idea of this diary is to reach our busy devs, speak with them about the game and bring you the latest information. We give you our first in-game screenshots from our Pre Alpha build.

Our Lead Designer also wrote some words for all visitors:

“Hi, my name is Bruno Ribeiro and I’m Lead Designer on Under Siege, a real time strategy game coming in 2009 exclusively to the PLAYSTATION©3. Under Siege features an original world, unique gameplay elements and a control scheme designed with a console controller in mind. We are also working on implementing a large number of multiplayer and community features with special emphasis on user generated content.
In the coming months we will share with you info on many of these features, as well as the work involved in creating them. Feel free to comment and give feedback along the way.”

Eventually if you have any questions don’t hesitate to post them in our comments, I’ll try to reach our developers to get you some answers!

Hope to see you soon with some more details.

Cheers!"

here is the link: http://dev.undersiegegame.com/?p=50

Around the Network

first time i know that there is an exclusive Strategy game for the ps3.

they should have gone for the futuristic game...

Is this like the PS3's Halo Wars?

Anyway, not much to see here, really. Art direction doesn't really do anything for me, but then, there's not really much art to see here. Maybe later screenshots will impress me more. =)

The pre-alpha is already much more detailed than Halo Wars:

Around the Network

lol...is this the one that someone said was going to be like fable based on a silhouette ?

screenshots look nice.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I like the art style. Its like a cross between Stronghold and Fable.

It looks quite nice, but I am always sceptical about RTS games on consoles.

OMG! Already people are comparing it to Halo Wars. wtf. The only similarity is that they are both RTS... Under Siege isn't even a futuristic RTS...

I don't have high hopes for this game.

Looking better than Halo Wars in still pictures as a means of saying this game is better than Halo Wars is fail.

More so than any other genre (except perhaps fighting games), a console RTS game must have intuitive controls and a rock solid frame rate. Judging by the early console RTS attempts, making really nice textures and not worrying about frame rate doomed most of the genre uptil now.

Not buying this game (I hate RTS games anyway).

It looks nice, with a nice atmosphere. Would've probably served better as a Baldur's Gate type of game, because RTS on consoles will probably pretty much ... suck >_>

In any case, let's hope I'm proven wrong about the RTS-part. Anyhoo, it looks all right, they got my attention at this point.

...you have me interested.