By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are people here really this biased or just messing around?

I think that its reasonable to assume that, a large portion of the people actually interested in console sales are going to be interested in gaming, and tech in general.

Thus... a higher percentage of PS3 owners here -- and a higher percentage of people who are likely to view the other consoles as "old news", and when asking themselves "which console would I run out to buy, given the choice", then don't choose the Wii or 360 (or PS2), despite the fact that both (all three) are fine consoles currently available at most retailers to the average joe.

Everyone who posts here has online access, or is a reasonably experienced online user. Many Wii, and some X360 owners, probably could care less about online, whereas its also likely that the same demographics that are interested in the PS3, are also internet-savvy.

In short. Site demographics. I know my own view of the 360 is somewhat biased, merely because I have a definate preference for the PS3 (I own all 3). I can only predict based on sales trends, and my knowledge of the industry.

The numbers I have listed in my sig are just guesswork, really, based on assumptions about why the 360 is doing so well (price point), and how long those sales bursts tend to sustain a product until the product is saturated to the demographics interested in whatever boon caused the recent surge. I'm guessing that most people don't even put that much effort into their own predictions -- its for fun.

Around the Network

yeah some might be....i voted for the 36-37 range, but I actually think it will be more in the 35-36 range (but there was no option for that one)

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

kowenicki said:
It isnt some people... its a lot of people... but in the end it will just be a lot of people who are wrong.

You have to understand that this site has fewer 360 fans (fanboys) than either the PS3 or Wii. The PS3 will always come out well on this site in terms of sales predictions and most wanted and user review polls... so yeah.. its biased. But most people have a bias of some kind in all things in life. You do get some ridiculous results and comments as a result though. (i.e. <33m cosoles sold by end of 2010)

its no big problem really.... actually its good fun when they are all so wrong over and over and over and over and... you get the idea......

Nice post.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

deleted, posted in wrong thread.

Torillian said:
goddog said:

could it be 360 users, and wii users are too busy playing games.... I normally a, but enjoying off time between sessions.... also TV sucks...

Oh god....not that idiotic theory again, when will people learn?

Whenever someone manages to find another reason thats even half as intelligent. And thats not saying that its all the smart either.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
niksta2 said:
lol, asks the person with the username "HALOOOOOO"

And your point is?

Shadowblind said:
Torillian said:
goddog said:

could it be 360 users, and wii users are too busy playing games.... I normally a, but enjoying off time between sessions.... also TV sucks...

Whenever someone manages to find another reason thats even half as intelligent. And thats not saying that its all the smart either.

Because relative distribution on the internet is completely random and dictated by things we can't possibly try and map with the small amount of information we have.  Shit, we review mostly PS3 games, maybe that's why there's such a following on this site.  That reason makes just as much sense as the "they don't play as many games" theory.

I'll rattle off a few more:

1. Because we are harsh on trolling so PS3 fans don't feel like they'll be constantly berrated for being in third place and can hang out here

2.  Because they are remnants from when the PS3 was thought to win and didn't want to leave

3.  Because people who can afford a PS3 are more likely to be techy and therefore would enjoy a site about gaming sales.

All of those are more plausible than the idiotic theory that PS3 gamers don't play as many games and that's why there are so many here.

I guess people are really that biased.

Torillian said:
Shadowblind said:
Torillian said:
goddog said:

Because relative distribution on the internet is completely random and dictated by things we can't possibly try and map with the small amount of information we have.  Shit, we review mostly PS3 games, maybe that's why there's such a following on this site.  That reason makes just as much sense as the "they don't play as many games" theory.

I'll rattle off a few more:

1. Because we are harsh on trolling so PS3 fans don't feel like they'll be constantly berrated for being in third place and can hang out here

2.  Because they are remnants from when the PS3 was thought to win and didn't want to leave

3.  Because people who can afford a PS3 are more likely to be techy and therefore would enjoy a site about gaming sales.

All of those are more plausible than the idiotic theory that PS3 gamers don't play as many games and that's why there are so many here.

um.... i was being sarcastic..... Ive been here long enough to know better reading the site since winter 06  and a member since summer 07 

edit: Id have to say the techy one could work for the 360 as well, being an MS product if the user  are  MS glad handlers that work in a Microsoft environment it could effect their purchase ....... I say  screw'm all apple should have bought nintendo before the wii came out and rode that money train to death ... the iWii 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

So YOU have the truth?