By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So who's checking out Bayonetta?

I honestly am disappointed by this game.

Not because of the type of game it is. I honestly think the gameplay looked great and exciting, especially with those crazy swords and demons.

It is also not because the protagonist is a woman. I think there should be more women used as main characters, instead of using men only who look like they live on steroids.

No, the problem with this game is how they used those two things I mentioned above. They made the game cheesy with those lines, try to overly sexify the character, and just plain bad...

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:

It looks crap, and the way she says things like "Do you want to touch me" and "bad boy" right before the camera zooms around her crotch is rather sickening.

I can only imagine whoever made that thinks it is meant to be sexy, but it fails, horribly, that is about as sexy as a run-down crack addicted granny prostitute.

let me guess. You're a woman?

This is the most tasteless post I've seen all day. Bravo.

Don't address me in that manner in the future. Please show some respect. If you have a problem with one of my posts, I request that you either contact me privately, or state your exact issue. In this instance, you have no idea the motivation behind my question. I refuse to explain myself until I've been asked, and so far no one has asked me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

pakidan101 said:
I honestly am disappointed by this game.

Not because of the type of game it is. I honestly think the gameplay looked great and exciting, especially with those crazy swords and demons.

It is also not because the protagonist is a woman. I think there should be more women used as main characters, instead of using men only who look like they live on steroids.

No, the problem with this game is how they used those two things I mentioned above. They made the game cheesy with those lines, try to overly sexify the character, and just plain bad...

My very personal belief is that people like yourself simply don't, nor ever shall "get it."

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:

It looks crap, and the way she says things like "Do you want to touch me" and "bad boy" right before the camera zooms around her crotch is rather sickening.

I can only imagine whoever made that thinks it is meant to be sexy, but it fails, horribly, that is about as sexy as a run-down crack addicted granny prostitute.

Don't address me in that manner in the future. Please show some respect. If you have a problem with one of my posts, I request that you either contact me privately, or state your exact issue. In this instance, you have no idea the motivation behind my question. I refuse to explain myself until I've been asked, and so far no one has asked me.

Respect goes both ways, Zen.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

It looks pretty cool, and I'll probably rent it.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:

You were not being directly addressed in my post - your post itself was. That is not a personal slight, it was an observation that your post was tasteless. And it was.

Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:

You were not being directly addressed in my post - your post itself was. That is not a personal slight, it was an observation that your post was tasteless. And it was.

You, good sir, make it sound like your opinion of Zen's post is fully factual.  That said, I respect KylieDog's opinion and disgust for the trailer though I don't share it.  If KylieDog so chooses to miss out on this game, so be it.  My opinion is that Zen's post wasn't tasteless but rather blunt.  Accusing someone of being a girl for not sharing interest in Bayonetta is blunt.. but I just don't agree with a claim of it being tasteless.  Just my opinion.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:

You, good sir, make it sound like your opinion of Zen's post is fully factual.  That said, I respect KylieDog's opinion and disgust for the trailer though I don't share it.  If KylieDog so chooses to miss out on this game, so be it.  My opinion is that Zen's post wasn't tasteless but rather blunt.  Accusing someone of being a girl for not sharing interest in Bayonetta is blunt.. but I just don't agree with a claim of it being tasteless.  Just my opinion.

I didn't qualify it as my opinion because it can't be anything but my opinion and stating it as my opinion would be redundant.

And yes, assuming that someone who finds Bayonetta distasteful on sexual grounds is a woman is a tasteless and casually sexist assumption. It's blunt too, yes, but that does not preclude the fact that it was in extremely bad taste and betrays certain presuppositions about another person's opinions and the platforms on which those opinions are based.

If he was making a joke, it's even worse.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:

What? We must must go down respect Zen?

Isn't respect earned?

The last part is a joke, but still.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Khuutra said:
SmokedHostage said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:

I didn't qualify it as my opinion because it can't be anything but my opinion and stating it as my opinion would be redundant.

And yes, assuming that someone who finds Bayonetta distasteful on sexual grounds is a woman is a tasteless and casually sexist assumption. It's blunt too, yes, but that does not preclude the fact that it was in extremely bad taste and betrays certain presuppositions about another person's opinions and the platforms on which those opinions are based.

If he was making a joke, it's even worse.

My apologizes.  Truth be told, that post looked much less reduntant in my thoughts.  What I getting at is, that taste is subjective.  Being blunt, to an extent, isn't.

Pixel Art can be fun.