By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My First Reaction to RE5

melbye said:
I know what you mean. The analoge aiming and stuff really do suck and makes it almost unplayable

I Aggree. Bring that baby to the Wii !!

Around the Network

One thing that I am still wondering about is, wtf is that matrix-style part in the TGS (or whatever) trailer. I wonder where they're going with the story. At some points that trailer reminded me more of a DMC game than RE.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

KylieDog said:
kylohk said:
So, any ideas about the story for this game?

Does it relate to RE4 in anyway?

No, RE5s story actually resembles something that should appear in a RE game.

There are some commonalities, though.  For instance, the enemies are most certainly infected with the Las Plagas parasite from RE4.  I wouldn't be surprised if, later on in the game, they mixed the Plaga with the series trademark T-Virus--now THAT could add some fear!

In the trailer, Chris also mentions that they 'are acting like those Ganado from the Kennedy report.'

@People missing Wii controls: Remember, Capcom hinted that the Wii may see its' own exclusive installment in the series a year or two after RE5 is out the door.

Speaking of the control issue, for me, it was defnitely an adjustment to play the game with analog sticks (especially with the changes to the control scheme, like having separate buttons for 'run' and 'action'), and I would prefer Wii controls, but I'm perfectly capable of getting great enjoyment out of analog sticks.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
KylieDog said:
NinjaKido said:
NJ5 said:
NinjaKido said:
NJ5 said:

Refer to my reply again...

There are also people who make it seem like Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 graphics were awful and that's why they don't get a Wii. Even though PS360 controls are more last-gen than Wii's graphics are.

*Sigh* do you really wanna go there ?

Sure, why not?

Is it not a fact that PS360's controls are the same as last-gen's, whereas Wii's graphics are improved, even if only by a small margin?

The PS360's controls may be the same but that's not what dictates how good the gameplay experience will be , The Wii's graphics may be improved but they are still pretty poor by today's standard so to say the Wii's graphics are more "next gen" than the PS360's controls is a moot point.

You are suggesting graphics add more to gameplay than controls do? Please stop typing.

No, he's saying that the controls do not suffer from having to use analog sticks.

The best control for FPS on any console right now is UT3 on PS3 only, and yet I somehow find a way to enjoy Wii and PS3 games that don't use keyboard and mouse.

I actually prefer analog now because I'm used to it.  I don't think the Wii IR is accurate enough.

windbane said:

No, he's saying that the controls do not suffer from having to use analog sticks.

The best control for FPS on any console right now is UT3 on PS3 only, and yet I somehow find a way to enjoy Wii and PS3 games that don't use keyboard and mouse.

I actually prefer analog now because I'm used to it.  I don't think the Wii IR is accurate enough.

Howso?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
windbane said:

Howso?

He wants to be able to shoot every single cell of the enemies' bodies. Pixel accuracy is for casuals :P

NJ5 said:
Khuutra said:
windbane said:

I actually prefer analog now because I'm used to it. I don't think the Wii IR is accurate enough.

Howso?

He wants to be able to shoot every single cell of the enemies' bodies. Pixel accuracy is for casuals :P

Heh, no, I just feel like I have more control with the analog. I haven't played CoD5 but I hear the controls are similar or worse than MoH:H2 which I did play. I also played MP3. It's not bad, I just think it needs a little tweaking.

Also, when playing RE:UC, I wished so much for a real light gun rather than relative aiming. A mouse and analog stick is also relative, but it would be nice to be able to aim directly at where you want to shoot instead of just guiding the IR like a mouse or analog. When compared to analog and mouse, it uses the same principle of having to guide your pointer (or screen) relative to where you are currently, and I just don't feel like it's more accurate than analog and not close to a mouse yet.

Edit:  And it's certainly not enough to trash a game because it's not on Wii.  If RE5 was on Wii, I'd still get the PS3 version.

windbane said:

Heh, no, I just feel like I have more control with the analog. I haven't played CoD5 but I hear the controls are similar or worse than MoH:H2 which I did play. I also played MP3. It's not bad, I just think it needs a little tweaking.

Also, when playing RE:UC, I wished so much for a real light gun rather than relative aiming. A mouse and analog stick is also relative, but it would be nice to be able to aim directly at where you want to shoot instead of just guiding the IR like a mouse or analog. When compared to analog and mouse, it uses the same principle of having to guide your pointer (or screen) relative to where you are currently, and I just don't feel like it's more accurate than analog and not close to a mouse yet.

Edit:  And it's certainly not enough to trash a game because it's not on Wii.  If RE5 was on Wii, I'd still get the PS3 version.

I see.

Regarding "real light guns", check out Ghost Squad which did it properly. From wiki:

Ghost Squad takes advantage of the Wii Remote's pointer functionality, the nunchuk and the Wii Zapper giving players controller flexibility. In addition, the game features a pointer calibration mode, enabling players to use line-of-sight aiming and fire precisely where the Wii Remote is pointed. Should player feel their calibration is precise, they can turn off the on-screen pointer for more points.

NJ5 said:
windbane said:

I see.

Regarding "real light guns", check out Ghost Squad which did it properly. From wiki:

Ghost Squad takes advantage of the Wii Remote's pointer functionality, the nunchuk and the Wii Zapper giving players controller flexibility. In addition, the game features a pointer calibration mode, enabling players to use line-of-sight aiming and fire precisely where the Wii Remote is pointed. Should player feel their calibration is precise, they can turn off the on-screen pointer for more points.

Pointer calibration is pretty standard in most games that use it, all the way back to Twilight Princess.

The accuracy of the Wii remote's IR pointer is as tight as you could ask for, and it is certainly much faster than an analog stick.

Khuutra said:

Pointer calibration is pretty standard in most games that use it, all the way back to Twilight Princess.

The accuracy of the Wii remote's IR pointer is as tight as you could ask for, and it is certainly much faster than an analog stick.

Yeah, I wonder when they'll release the first Wii FPS which allows for GC/classic controller as well as Wiimote for online play. It should be interesting to see how much ownage happens there.