By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: The recession will hit the Wii first.

All Analyze forgot one major point of the Wii, When you able to get the female hooked on to a product, their spending power is alot greater any guys. I dont have to argue on this point, you guys just go look at your girlfriend, or wife and be honest how many stuff she purchased and only used a few times or never use it? The Answer would be "too many", this same goes with videogames. My sister and all the female I know that are hooked on the Wii, everyone of them is buying so much software that they dont even know why.

Around the Network

Also: if you are talking about hardcore gamers sustaining PS360 sales more, the truly hardcore gamers, the ones that buy a hundred games for a console over its lifespan or something, already have a PS3, 360, or both. The kind of gamers that really rally to the "hardcore" name are customers that you most likely already have

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Also: if you are talking about hardcore gamers sustaining PS360 sales more, the truly hardcore gamers, the ones that buy a hundred games for a console over its lifespan or something, already have a PS3, 360, or both. The kind of gamers that really rally to the "hardcore" name are customers that you most likely already have

I think they mean the same kinda core loyalty that helped nintendo get through its dark years .... the kinda people who visit these sites and buy double to tripple the average user you know 20-30 games lifetime console..... I do just under 1 a month. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

People ignore the thing, that when people have more time to spend, they invest more into themselves.
When recession hits, people start to cut down their consuming until they get used to the new situation where they're in, after that, they start to spend money again.

If your primary form of entertainment is watching TV a few hours a day, you either watch more TV or find new form of entertainment/activity. Whether the entertainment/activity is games or not is a different matter, but it surely is one relatively cheap form. Basically the recession just plays into Nintendos pocket for them trying to introduce new people to games.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

TheSource said:

The recession already hit the PS3 first...

Absolutely.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Usul said:

Lately I've been seeing lots of articles talking not very good things about the Wii. For example:

- The Wii bubble is about to explote (http://ecetia.com/2009/01/31/la-burbuja-wii-esta-a-punto-de-explotar/). It says Nintendo has reduced its predictions, their stokes fall and demand has decreased a lot in Japan.

- Xtreme (Spanish videogame magazine) gives Animal Crossing only a 62 in its review this month Some interesting quotes are: "this is the least sincere Nintendo superproduction since its rebirth" or "AC is a product of the apathy already chronicle of Nintendo, very certain in its strictly commercial movements, but each day more far away of its real and faithful niche. Remember: the crowd mainstream is mayfly. Be conscious".

- "The Wii 2 to cause games industry to crash" (http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/Industry-Crash.aspx). This is a bit catastrophic but interesting article IMO.

So, Wii problems won't only be caused by the crisis.

Yow. Those people over at Gameplayer are pretty much the definition of elitist snobs. Geeze. No idea what they're talking about, they just throw out every argument that has been made against Wii. Fickle fanbases, bitching about abandoning the hardcore, and generally disacknowledging the Wii's success

The best thing about this generation is going to be when it's over and the dust has settled, those who made these fickle arguements will have to face the reality that they were DEAD WRONG.

I can't wait to hear their excuses!

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

nj5 i would put price saturation as the main reason for sagging sales. not economy nor 360 price reduction.

reasoning - notice the yoy sales stopped being plus after the year anniversary of the drop. ps3 actually held steady through the year. people seem to forget that because the competition just did better. you cant expect a system to sell better for no reason demand doesnt work that way.

Shanobi said:

The best thing about this generation is going to be when it's over and the dust has settled, those who made these fickle arguements will have to face the reality that they were DEAD WRONG.

You'd think that... but most of the industry has just continued to pretend that the Wii doesn't exist, or make up various excuses for why its sales success doesn't count. For example, "Wii won because of casuals", "All the real games are on PS360", "Metacritics says blah blah blah", etc.

People just believe what they want to believe, and almost no one will ever admit they were wrong. No matter how stupid the things they said.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

@Sullla: Yeah, they keep pretending even afterwards, when they explain that recession hit the market, at the same time there's record revenue, and that's why everything happened like it did.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Shanobi said:
Mr Khan said:
Usul said:

Lately I've been seeing lots of articles talking not very good things about the Wii. For example:

- The Wii bubble is about to explote (http://ecetia.com/2009/01/31/la-burbuja-wii-esta-a-punto-de-explotar/). It says Nintendo has reduced its predictions, their stokes fall and demand has decreased a lot in Japan.

- Xtreme (Spanish videogame magazine) gives Animal Crossing only a 62 in its review this month Some interesting quotes are: "this is the least sincere Nintendo superproduction since its rebirth" or "AC is a product of the apathy already chronicle of Nintendo, very certain in its strictly commercial movements, but each day more far away of its real and faithful niche. Remember: the crowd mainstream is mayfly. Be conscious".

- "The Wii 2 to cause games industry to crash" (http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/Industry-Crash.aspx). This is a bit catastrophic but interesting article IMO.

So, Wii problems won't only be caused by the crisis.

Yow. Those people over at Gameplayer are pretty much the definition of elitist snobs. Geeze. No idea what they're talking about, they just throw out every argument that has been made against Wii. Fickle fanbases, bitching about abandoning the hardcore, and generally disacknowledging the Wii's success

A lot of analysts made wrong guesses, it always happen. They don't need to excuse for what they think.

Anyway, no one is commenting on the quote I like the most, in relation to the Animal Crossing review "AC is a product of the apathy already chronicle of Nintendo, very certain in its strictly commercial movements, but each day more far away of its real and faithful niche. Remember: the crowd mainstream is mayfly. Be conscious". It's fun the see people defending Nintendo while what it is doing now with the Wii is making eeeeeeeeeasy money. But again, all are valid and subjective opinions.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!