By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game system will you think will get the best exclusives of 2009?

Slimebeast said:

PS3
- Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, InFamous, WKC, The Agency, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, FFVXIII

beats the Wii

- MadWorld, The Conduit, Punch Out Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Sin and Punishment 2

and the dead last X360
- Halo ODST, Splinter Cell, Halo Wars, SO4

combined

Fixed

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Slimebeast said:

PS3
- Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, InFamous, WKC, The Agency, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, FFVXIII

beats the Wii

- MadWorld, The Conduit, Punch Out Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Sin and Punishment 2

and the dead last X360
- Halo ODST, Splinter Cell, Halo Wars, SO4

combined

Fixed

lol you totally edited my post.

@ShadowSoldier and Euphoria

You two need to cut it out. Numonex originally stated he thought all the consoles had a lackluster lineup of exclusives and ShadowSoldier, you baited him into an argument by adjusting that to say 360. Euphoria, you need to quit backing Shadow up because if this continues to spiral into a console bitching war I'm only going to ban the two of you because of the original baiting.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Exclusives will kind of lend itself towards the Wii this year, because so many great multiplatform PS360 games come together this year, and thus get counted out of the running. Mass Effect 2? Disqualified. Assassin's Creed 2? Disqualified. Resident Evil 5? Disqualified. Prototype? Disqualified.

Big-name exclusives are especially thin on 360, though Microsoft will probably surprise us before the end of the year
Sony's shown us their hand, so they're the one to beat as of now
Nintendo, of course, is an enigma. They could wind up with the best lineup, the worst, or one in-between as things roll out.

A last place scenario for Nintendo would go through only if Microsoft delivered something big, and Nintendo failed to, otherwise they'll probably be neck and neck. Finally, we don't know which PS3 exclusives will get pushed back into 2010. If both God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5 slip back, that'll be a sore blow to the PS3's chances.

Now, if we reduce it to the First Half of 2009, i would say a clear Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft lineup emerges. But for the year? Who knows?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My opinion... wii. The only game coming out for ps3 that is important for me (and that is, if it comes out this year) is God of War III. X360 doesn't has any WOW for my so.... yeah, the wii (Punch out, S&P II, Overlord,madworld....)

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Wii by far. RPG heaven, finally.

Care to give any names?By the way DQX is not coming this year.

OT:Too early to tell.

there is no way considering only the announced games that you can say any console's line-up can beat the ps3's

Initiating social expirement #928719281

ctk495 said:
Soriku said:
Wii by far. RPG heaven, finally.

Care to give any names?By the way DQX is not coming this year.

OT:Too early to tell.

Take from IGN's release schedule:

I don't know why they have Muramasa under simulation. Just ignore that genre affiliation. I'm only interested in Muramasa myself, but that's one more RPG than any of the other consoles have I'm interested in, exclusive or not.

TBA 2009 Muramasa: The Demon Blade Marvelous Entertainment Simulation
March 24, 2009 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time Square Enix Action
RPG
TBA 2009 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers Square Enix Action
RPG
TBA 2009 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Fusion Activision Action
RPG
March 17, 2009 Rune Factory: Frontier Marvelous Entertainment RPG
TBA 2009 Alien -- RPG Project [untitled] SEGA RPG
TBA 2009 Arc Rise Fantasia Marvelous Entertainment

RPG

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

786_ali said:
there is no way considering only the announced games that you can say any console's line-up can beat the ps3's

Here you go:

Tenchu: Shadow Assassins
House of the Dead: Overkill
New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis
MadWorld
Marble Saga: Kororinpa
Ready 2 Rumble Revolution
Let's Tap
Boom Blox Bash Party
Need for Speed Nitro
Animales de la Muerte
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Punch-Out!!!
Sin and Punishment 2

TMNT Fighters
Wii Sports Resort
Bleach: Versus Crusade

These are only the ones I'm interested in. There are another 80 or so exclusives floating out there and some of which are supposed to be good but I just don't have any interest in like The Conduit and Little King's Story. Opinions are merely opinions, no one is right, but in terms of quantity, variety and even possibly public perception, the Wii's lineup, in it's INCOMPLETE state already looks loads better than either of the HD consoles.

We probably don't know everything... but from what we know, I'd say the PS3. Easily.