By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Big software showing at E3, will help Wii to topple PS2 sales!

Khuutra said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:

Why would they show new hardware in 2010 if they intend for this generation to last longer than five years before the next one begins?

Because the hardware will launch no earlier than two years from announcement.......

When was the Wii announced, again?

Two years was an exagerration but I suppose a year and a half is correct. It was announced at E3 2005 in May and released in late November 2006, right?

So it follows that if they announce the hardware in 2010, it would launch in November 2011 - five years after the Wii, sooner than Nintendo wants.

I think he (or at least I was) refering to the 360 and MS's next console.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Ohhhhhhh. Well that would make sense. IGNORE ME

Khuutra said:
Ohhhhhhh. Well that would make sense. IGNORE ME

No worries.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

lol they only need one game that appeals to the hardcore to beat last years E3…

anywho they have allot of games that they can show now. Retro must have something to show, Pikmin 3 (I just can’t wait for this one) is sure to show up, F-zero has a chance and so does Star Fox in other words there are a ton of games they can show us. I am hoping for a DK platformer and Kid Icarus!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

nintendo got hit be low the belt last year and now it time for nintendo to show 360/ps3 who there daddy? lol :) and the only way to do that is to get big game on the systerm .i know nintendo can do it

please click  dragons and eggs

Around the Network
zleep said:
So here we go again! People expecting impossible things and getting their hopes so high that at the end they will be inmensely disappointed. Good job.

This.

For goddness' sake people, stop the hype-train! :s

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

As long as we don't have Cammie or Reggie demonstrating games to the public. I think that would kill any game.

Hire the Wii Vs. Ps3 girl instead to come do demonstrations in her bikini.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

sparkit34 said:
As long as we don't have Cammie or Reggie demonstrating games to the public. I think that would kill any game.

Hire the Wii Vs. Ps3 girl instead to come do demonstrations in her bikini.

lol a girl with bikini won’t make the game better… won’t you just be looking at her instead :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

e3 for nintendo is not what it used to be.e3 is not a “bomb” anouncment show. i think that we will see nintendogs wii,wii play2,etc. zelda maybe in another show. i want pilotwings and a 2D metroid.

"Some argue that our success is short-lived and temporary. So, we now need to make efforts to constantly expand the player base by offering services and titles that can appeal, not only to those who have never played games, but also to those who play them hard."-Satoru Iwata, at the announcement of Monster Hunter 3 as Wii exclusive.

Remember him saying the big, core games will take 2-3 years of development, and will only be unveiled 6 months in advance, because Nintendo didn't want people to hype about games that were miles away from release?

Iwata has master minded Nintendo's rise as the dominant player in the industry. He's smart enough to know the impact big, core titles will have. He's a damn sight smarter than most of us, too, I bet.

I won't take any guesses at exactly what games will be announced, but I do expect Nintendo to steal the show at E3, just like they did in 2006-which saw the announcement of things like Galaxy, Brawl, Prime 3 and TP as a Wii launch game.

Wii Music, Sports and Play were all shown then, weren't they? Animal Crossing was announced. All these games are out... So doesn't it make sense that the next big wave of Wii titles will be announced at E3? Especially now E3 is a major event, as it was 3 years ago.