By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Big software showing at E3, will help Wii to topple PS2 sales!

All they need to announce is Pokemon MMO on Wii.

After all aren't they talking about 'social gaming?'

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
All they need to announce is Pokemon MMO on Wii.

After all aren't they talking about 'social gaming?'

MMOs are not social. 

Playing together, in the same room, is social.

At least this is how they see it.

^
While I somewhat agree with your point, I think Nintendo might have other idea. Look at Animal Crossing games. I believe Nintendo market them as social gaming games.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

For me animal crossing was the single most dissapointing nintendo game released on wii thus far especially as a communication game.. I was interested in the online aspect more then anything cause lets face it, its the gamecube animal crossing all over again + the so called city. Nothing wrong with the GC game as i enjoyed that very much but i have already played it so the online aspect was its hook for me.

Lets see what you gotta do to meet some people in animal crossing online..

1. phone some friend and exchange wii console number

2. re-phone said friend and exchange animal crossing friend code number.

3. re-re- phone friend to arrange a time for playing

4. re-re-re-re- phone every single time you wanna visit friend so he can put the game on!

Honestly with all the respect i have for nintendo i can't help but feel this is a complete joke. If by some miracle of boredom i bother to go through that all the time i would have bought the game 3 times over in phone calls! Getting rid of the hurdles in games for new gamers to join is fine but the system used here ends up creating even more hurdles! If a core gamer like myself gets frustrated by this i can only imagine what a newbie's reaction would be... Mario kart wii is the right way to go and the sales show that..animal crossing wii is the WRONG way to go and sales are showing that..

I apologize but i had to get that off my chest..

@ ale666 lol!u don't have 2 apologise!Let er rip!We all want our beloved company 2 keep doing better!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

@tolu619

Well i had to put my hands forward in case i get swamped with trolling accusations :p

they better show pikmin 3 >:(

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Magnific0 said:

Let's see it happening first. As for right now, I don't think Wii has been so good for third parties as PS2 was, nor it has or will likely have near 20% of the software gems that graced the best selling console in history.

well, Wii has already more original games than PS2, for sure. PS2 had a load of good game, but also a load of remakes and sequels

ok, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, PES, Gran Turisimo and co were good, but the original games were on PS or Nes Super Nes not PS2

not so many new IP's

Wii has more, meaning for a 2 years console

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

If the Wii had better 3rd party support I would believe it could pass the PS2.

Plus PS2 is wickedly undertracked on this site. by at least 10 million I'm betting. I always hear about 140+ million PS2 sales and this site has it at 125 million.

A Mario and Sonic platform game made by miyomoto will completely kill any competition around ( just looke at Mario and Sonic at the olympic)