By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Big software showing at E3, will help Wii to topple PS2 sales!

LordTheNightKnight said:
Wii Sports was the starter for the mass audience. Mario Kart Wii was the bridge. So could E3 show the next step? The mass market traditional game?

I know people are whining because Wii and DS didn't get the mass market with what they consider "real games", but when things have been around for years without being accepted by the mass market, you have to get the mass market with things they can ease into.

Zelda Wii to sell fiteen million lifetime confirmed.

Around the Network

Iwata has never been wrong about projections; but he's easily misunderstood.

Here though I'm not certain if he's reffering to Nintendo software or all Wii platform software.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

People are dumb. Mtv forum posters still believe that Sony only sold the PS2 to core players. Ok so where did the other half dissapear too this gen.? They didn't buy a console? They still haven't bought a replacement?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

After last year, Nintendo will come out all guns blazing at E3. This might be the last one before new hardware is shown next year (2010), so its going to be an interesting one.

The pressure is completely on Sony IMO - they have got to pull off a hard-core show, with lots of games at the very least.

I also think there is a 90% chance the Ninty conference will end with a trailer of the new Zelda game (probably for 2010 release).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
After last year, Nintendo will come out all guns blazing at E3. This might be the last one before new hardware is shown next year (2010), so its going to be an interesting one.

The pressure is completely on Sony IMO - they have got to pull off a hard-core show, with lots of games at the very least.

I also think there is a 90% chance the Ninty conference will end with a trailer of the new Zelda game (probably for 2010 release).

Why would they show new hardware in 2010 if they intend for this generation to last longer than five years before the next one begins?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
shams said:

Why would they show new hardware in 2010 if they intend for this generation to last longer than five years before the next one begins?

Because the hardware will launch no earlier than two years from announcement.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
shams said:

Because the hardware will launch no earlier than two years from announcement.......

When was the Wii announced, again?

Khuutra said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
shams said:

Two years was an exagerration but I suppose a year and a half is correct. It was announced at E3 2005 in May and released in late November 2006, right?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I was going to go into this E3 with no expectations but when Iwata is jumping on the hype train, it's hard to look the other way. This is not a man that normally says these kinds of things. Damn you Iwata!

DKII said:
There's going to be a Wii MotionPlus blowout. I suspect it's the main reason for the huge lull since last E3.

Do you actually know this or are you taking a guess?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:

Two years was an exagerration but I suppose a year and a half is correct. It was announced at E3 2005 in May and released in late November 2006, right?

So it follows that if they announce the hardware in 2010, it would launch in November 2011 - five years after the Wii, sooner than Nintendo wants.