By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii May See a Price Cut In April.

WTF? I don't know what i should say about the story... Other that it was complete BS to begin with.

How did 360 and PS3 made Nintendo to lose profits? All i can tell Nintendo sold everything they could produce and some of the key software experienced supply issues.

Why should they cut the price? The demand is just about as much as Nintendo can manufacture. Dropping the price would only cause Nintendo to lose profits only further.
Even a cut in Japan isn't likely before new colours and WM+ is out.

The profit was down only due to bad exchange rate and despite of the rate, Nintendo is still expecting record profits in the companys history.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

I dont think they would. The sales are already extremely high, and I don't think that price cut would help sales rise much.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

no reason to cut its price

Hell no, well maybe in Japan after they introduce new colors, in EU/US haha hell no.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

They will see if there will be sales boom in Japan when the monster hunter games start releasing.

Around the Network
Naum said:
Hell no, well maybe in Japan after they introduce new colors, in EU/US haha hell no.

agreed. new color, Wii Sports Resort, then maybe price cut. And that's only for Japan.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Munster Hunter this year and Dragon Quest the next could keep the Wii at teh same price on those titles sales alone, not to mention Final Fantasy CC: CB, and released yesterday FFCC:EOT.

"Predicted price cuts for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 were factors in Nintendo’s estimated 12% net profits loss."

Pardon?

The yen was the only factor for this drop in estimates - Wii sales still = Wii supply.

Unless you can go to the shops and find a White Wii, a Black Wii, a Pink Wii, and at least 3 other colours, do not expect a price drop

Tbone said:

One day after Nintendo cut it’s estimated net profits by 12% for the year 2009, talk is beginning to circulate amongst industry insiders and analysts that the Wii may see a price cut around April of this year. Predicted price cuts for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 were factors in Nintendo’s estimated 12% net profits loss. Leading some analysts to speculate that the Wii could possibly see a small price cut of its own in April which just happens to coincide with the predicted Xbox 360 and PS3 price cuts. A price cut could be a smart move, seeing as how Nintendo has just forecast it’s first annual profit drop in five year. All of which has become a sobering reminder of futility, to a company that not so long ago almost seemed recession proof. While strongly ahead of Microsoft and Sony in sales and market share percentage, Nintendo isn’t feeling so cozy in the face of the current world wide recession. So a price drop could be imminent come this spring.

http://www.gamingfront.net/story-161-.html

I hope not beacuse it would literally kill all sales for ps3 and 360.

These "analysts" still don't understand that even with a worldwide recession and a strong Yen, Nintendo is still raking in record profits.

that will kill the PS360