By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii May See a Price Cut In April.

lol no not happening any time soon. Cutting the price will be Nintendos last thing to do because they still have some cards they haven’t used. One color alone will see a boost in sales in Japan. And still there are titles that will boost hardware.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

they make $6 per wii and its selling really good so theres no point

If they did make new colours, I'd import a lime green Wii Remote through Playasia immediately.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Wii is so far in front of the competition it does not need a price cut this generation. So the competition may eventually slightly close in on the Wii it does not matter.
Nintendo makes more profit on the Wii now than it did when the Wii first launched the sales price of Wii has remained unchanged.
Over time costs of production goes down. If there was going to be a Wii price cut it would be late 2010 at the earliest.

NJ5 said:

"A price cut could be a smart move, seeing as how Nintendo has just forecast it’s first annual profit drop in five year. "

WTF?

"Our profits are too low, let's make less money!"

When are people going to understand that Nintendo's profit dropped mostly because of the strong yen?

According to Iwata it was ONLY due to the strong yen. :P

Around the Network

Wii price drop...

Ha
Ha
Ha

okay, that wasn't funny...

bRoKeN said:
they make $6 per wii and its selling really good so theres no point

Back in 2007 that would be the case. Two years on and Nintendo would be making a lot more money than a mere $6 per Wii console sold.

@Numonex: Although i agree, but the cost saving isn't that much as you'd think, since Nintendo have been ramping production up, which causes cost per unit to go up. Then, another thing is, that since Nintendo makes profits in Yen, it isn't that simple due to currency fluctuations.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

In regards to wii price cut I see an extra game to be bundled with Wii console along with Wii Sports would work wonders. Carnival Games or Wii Music. An extra game would cost Nintendo very little.

Don't think so. Well you never know. This IS Nintendo after all. :p Still, if they do a pricecut, they'd better cut it to 199 dollars/euros, 'cos anything above the 200 mark won't make that much of a difference I think. 199 Has that magic ring to it. Sounds a lot better than, say, 209 dollars/euros, for example.
But I don't think they really need a pricecut right now. They can hardly keep stores supplied, so why create even more demand? Doesn't make sense. Maybe it'll be a Japan-only thing, IF it happens.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046