By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii May See a Price Cut In April.

Demotruk said:
NinjaKido said:
FishyJoe said:

Nintendo still has new colors and bundles before they'll even consider a price cut. Why on earth would they cut price when they are releasing Motion Plus?

I agree with the colours and bundles point but motion pluss ? you seriously think that will give the Wii any real sales boost ?

Absolutely. Who wouldn't enjoy a good swordfight in the living room?

That's not the point ...

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

"Our profits are too low, let's make less money!"

That plan is full of win. XD

hahaha what a load of wffl,

in other news, sony is cutting price to 50$ or $50 whatever way you put it

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I could see it happening in some locations, but not in the US. I think there already have been some locations to adjust for currency changes.

that would be awesome:)

Around the Network

nope.

Only place where sales are lagging is Japan and all they need is some new games to push it back up.

However, if there happens to be a price cut then it will be more likely that you will see it in the form of bundled games.

What happens when DS or DSLite slows down in Japan? They get colors and newer upgraded models. Granted home and portable markets aren't the same, but, DS didn't get price cuts and I don't expect Wii to either.

Nintendo would rather keep the price and increase the value.

there wont be a price drop till Wii HD

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

@NinjaKido: It propably will. It's new experience in similar fashion with Wii Remote and Balance Board. The question is, that how long it will be able to sustain the demand. In Japan the problem seems to be that Wiis controls don't add much to their favourite genres, unlike it does in the west (not to mention DS being the main platform for JRPG:s), when Nintendo needs to push new kind of games to the market that take advantage of the controls.

@Zarx: There will be no WiiHD. Nintendo releases successor to Wii, not a hardware update.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

the wii is 211$ in japan though.

@Jo21: Yeah, it doesn't come with Wii Sports.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.