By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - halo Wars sales will be huge for it's genre - bigger than killzone 2.

on gamestop killzone2 is number1 and halowars is at #6 ,,,so maybe it was just the area you live in.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0

Around the Network

Update 3/6.
Killzone 2 sells around 750k in its first week world wide and beats Halo Wars which sold around 500k worldwide in its first week. Killzone 2 and Halo Wars both sold well in their first week. Kill Zone 2 ltd should be around 3 to 4 million. Halo Wars ltd between  2  to 3 million

Hmm, I was wrong about Halo Wars beating Killzone 2 first week.

I suppose the limits of an RTS on consoles overcame the popularity of Halo. I tried the demo at a friend's house, it was good fun.

Now, how long before the people who said "Halo Wars will destroy KZ2 in sales" switch to "Lol, the most hyped game of this generation [lol] only outsold a console RTS by 250k first week! PS3 is teh doomedz!"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ssj12 said:
gebx said:
Halo Wars will do to Console RTS's to what Halo CE did to console FPS's!!

Read Ars' Hands on!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/01/the-covenant-return-hands-on-with-halo-wars.ars

Thanks in large part to the game's control and Ensemble's clear consideration for the limitations of a controller when playing an RTS, Halo Wars manages to achieve a level of playability and accessibility that truly is fitting of the Halo dynasty. As Halo brought console FPS games to the masses in a way that Goldeneye couldn't, so to will Halo Wars introduce RTS games to a whole new league of gamers.

The multiplayer options of the game only make this kind of sweeping adoption more likely. Halo Wars features the full gamut of offline skirmish and online multiplayer modes for up to 6 players. Where the game will really win gamers over, though, is in its fully co-op capable story campaign. Given how hot co-op gaming is these days, that feature alone will win the game fans from gamers who aren't necessarily RTS fans or Halo fans.

I'm sorry but Halo did not do anything as good as goldeneye did for the console FPS genre. M$ is way to full of themselves.

Goldeneye redefined the FPS genre in ways that some developpers still haven't quite grasped. There were so many ways you could successfully complete an area, you could litterally sit down, work out a strategy, and execute it. For the time it came out it was something no console game before it ever did. Since then I always look to FPS like the Time Splitters series to play though.

That said, Halo has made great strides in the multiplayer aspect of the FPS genre. Where Goldeneye started things off with it's great split screen battles, Halo started a huge online community over Live. I think part of Live's success can be directly attributed to Halo. As much as I enjoy popping Goldeneye into my N64 and firing it back up, the truth is it's so much easier to text my friends or my siblings at thier house and tell them to hop on live for a game of Halo. Getting together isn't as easy as when we were younger living at home.

TyePhoid_PAL said:
Not seen a good one yet. RTS requires VERY quick use of your mouse for scrolling. Having tried C&C on 360 the difference is huge. If Halo Wars was set for release it would have me looking forward to it much like I'm looking forward to Dawn of War 2.
I hope it proves great because I much prefer sitting on my couch relaxing on console games apposed to sitting at my crappy PC desk lol

Why not run your PC through your living room TV through HDMI and use a wireless keyboard? I haven't sat at my desk in 2 years.

Around the Network

I was correct in my prediction that it would not beat sell more than Killzone 2, but wrong in my 200,000 first week prediction.

JaggedSac said:
I was correct in my prediction that it would not beat sell more than Killzone 2, but wrong in my 200,000 first week prediction.

You thought a Halo game would sell 200k first week?

What was your prediction for KZ2?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I don't think I made a prediction for Killzone 2.