By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - halo Wars sales will be huge for it's genre - bigger than killzone 2.

Halo Wars will sell better than Killzone 2 - at least initially.

Pre-order at my local gamestop for Halo Wars is at 75 - 100 preorders at this store is considered a megahit game qualified to have a midnight launch.  So this is huge for Halo Wars.

He also checked his computer for me to see other local Gamestop/EB game stores and pre-orders for Halo Wars doubles pre-orders for Killzone 2.

I think Halo Wars will be a huge success - especially for its genre.

I'm not sold on the game yet - not planning to purchase it but I have to admit that I'm getting excited for this game.

Around the Network

anecdotal data FTW!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Actually at my local Game Crazy store is the opposite. Kill Zone 2 over Halo Wars 2:1. I cancel my Kill Zone 2 pre-order and they was surprise about it.

^ Yeah... I'm surprised too. Why did you cancel it? o_O

And yeah, no doubt about it. This game is going to decide, once and for all, if RTS's are made for consoles. I don't believe that Ensemble can fail at doing a good RTS, so it's pretty much in the book!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I highly doubt Halo Wars will sell more than KZ2, initially or lifetime

Around the Network

it inght sell more the first month but i think that killzone will outsell it after they bundle it or something

Halo Wars will do to Console RTS's to what Halo CE did to console FPS's!!

Read Ars' Hands on!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/01/the-covenant-return-hands-on-with-halo-wars.ars

Thanks in large part to the game's control and Ensemble's clear consideration for the limitations of a controller when playing an RTS, Halo Wars manages to achieve a level of playability and accessibility that truly is fitting of the Halo dynasty. As Halo brought console FPS games to the masses in a way that Goldeneye couldn't, so to will Halo Wars introduce RTS games to a whole new league of gamers.

The multiplayer options of the game only make this kind of sweeping adoption more likely. Halo Wars features the full gamut of offline skirmish and online multiplayer modes for up to 6 players. Where the game will really win gamers over, though, is in its fully co-op capable story campaign. Given how hot co-op gaming is these days, that feature alone will win the game fans from gamers who aren't necessarily RTS fans or Halo fans.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

LOL

I think KZ2 will destroy Halo wars sales

day1 or lifetime

RTS need u to think a bit too much for the average console player ...

Time to Work !

nobody around the interwebs seems to be excited about halo wars

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Even if Killzone2 beats Halo Wars, its still not a real victory for Killzone. A massive bidget fps vs moderate budget cosole rts. If Killzone doesn't have a decissive victory like Gears of War vs RESISTENCE, THEN KILLZONE WILL BE SEEN AS THE LOSER