By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - halo Wars sales will be huge for it's genre - bigger than killzone 2.

most people are still going to be playing halo 3 when halo wars comes out, its not that big

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
NinjaKido said:

LOL , alternate account FTW ?

What? Two people who don't agree with you?!?!  Must be an alt account. 

Your an idiot.

lol are you trying to get banned on purpose .

You responded to a statement I directed to another user , simple as.

NinjaKido said:
JaggedSac said:
NinjaKido said:

Your an idiot.

Really?  Because you quoted me.

JaggedSac said:
NinjaKido said:
JaggedSac said:
NinjaKido said:

Your an idiot.

Really?  Because you quoted me.

Try reading back to where I quoted someone else with you subsequently replying to me.

Lol this is kinda fun to read.. I wonder how it'll play out?

Tune in next week to find out if hammer of dawn is actually JaggedSac's alternate account to whore out his choice system.

OT..
I don't think you can predict if a game will be a hit or not based on a few local stores pre orders..

im probably the only person in my city that owns anything other than a ps2 or DS.. I never see anyone buy a wii 360 or ps3 game and I can always find a bunch in stock and they tell me they don't sell well..

it just depends on your location..

besides isn't this bundled?

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Around the Network

ironically, halo was originally supposed to be a RTS...

Yeah I thought so..

with both being bundled I don't see the point in comparing sales..

you might as well ask which console will sell more during the release week and how many bundles there are and how long they plan on keeping them..

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

i think halo wars will out sell K2 first week... casual players wont know its an RTS and they'll buy thanks to the halo name depending if people like it or not will show the week after.. thanks to word of mout

@ Hammer-of-Dawn, for me, I've played Starcraft on PC and N64 and can without a doubt say that the PC version raped the 64 version...

That being said, I still can't wait for Halo Wars, and it looks pretty sick. A definite buy for me when I do buy my 360. And maybe it will change the outlook of console RTSs. But in general, PC RTSs are better than Console RTSs... And that is something most gamers have accepted.

libellule said:
LOL

I think KZ2 will destroy Halo wars sales

day1 or lifetime

RTS need u to think a bit too much for the average console player ...

They said the same thing about FPS until Halo came along.  Oh, you had Golden Eye, but FPS was a niche genre that didn't have a flood of games.  Halo changed that.  It got the controls to work right.  Now, if Halo Wars does the same for FPS, then expect Halo Wars to have great legs and help to transfer over another niche than Killzone 2.  It would be, just like Halo, the first to the fight in a major way, and help allow a new genre over.

Of course, all this is dependent upon Halo Wars being able to competently do an RTS on consoles.  It is also an RTS that is not on PCs, so that impacts things to, I believe.