By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - halo Wars sales will be huge for it's genre - bigger than killzone 2.

Using Amazon as a ruler is like using the scores from IGN as a basis for what games you buy... and I'd have this comment about half the forum but then I'd get banned :p.

OT: I think Halo Wars will top KZ2... I seriously doubt KZ2 will do WaW numbers and I think that HW will do close to Fable 2 numbers.

Around the Network

kowenicki and Cueil

OKIDOKI

Time to Work !

Halo Wars and Kill Zone 2 are not even in the same genre. Halo Wars is an RTS. Kill Zone 2 is a FPS. RTS sell more to hardcore/ PC gamers. FPS sells to casuals and hardcore gamers.

numonex said:
Halo Wars and Kill Zone 2 are not even in the same genre. Halo Wars is an RTS. Kill Zone 2 is a FPS. RTS sell more to hardcore/ PC gamers. FPS sells to casuals and hardcore gamers.

Halo was originally an RTS anyway... but I know what you're saying... still I think that the name and the developer pedigree will help it outsell KZ2... KZ2 wont even put out WaW numbers and it'd probably have to do better and then some to get to where Halo Wars will likely sell.

Its got Halo in the title, all the suckers will buy it no matter how good it is. Oh plus there is not a lot else out on 360. Personally after the debacal of Halo 3 i am steering clear. My money is going the other way.

Around the Network

TKC-Muzzer,

Capcom combo

SF4 and RE5 will give Halo wars and KZ2 an hard competition ...

and considering that Halo war is mostly an RTS, I expect KZ2 to outselll it ...

Time to Work !

RTS on console is a guaranteed failure unless you improve endwar's controls

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Halo Wars will sell more than KZ2.

I know... my english sucks

Can't wait for Halo Wars! I'm buying this instead of Killzone 2 now, woot!

kowenicki said:
@ libellue

1) in the UK people pre-order their games from Play.com or Game in the main...

Halo 3 is TOP of their 360 pre-order list at both.

On the combined list...
Game.co.uk.... Halo top, KZ2 2nd
Play.com.... Ks2 is top, Halo is 5th (above RES5 on both PS3 and 360)

2) Amazon is not reliable on these things... this has been proven before.

1) Have you got some proof of this? I am fairly sure amazon.co.uk is a hell of a lot bigger than play.com and Game. 

2) We all know amazon is not a good indication of game sales, but neither is play.com or Game's pre order list...