By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - halo Wars sales will be huge for it's genre - bigger than killzone 2.

If Halo Wars sells 5+ Million, to me it means that if you make a quality game and slap Halo on it, it will sell well. It will do little for the RTS genre on consoles as a whole.

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
If Halo Wars sells 5+ Million, to me it means that if you make a quality game and slap Halo on it, it will sell well. It will do little for the RTS genre on consoles as a whole.

Hmmm, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If it DOES stimulate the entire genre(as we know Halo has the power to do) then all we need is for Square Enix to make a Halo JRPG and BAM: JRPGs are back in buissness.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Stats87 said:

Hmmm, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If it DOES stimulate the entire genre(as we know Halo has the power to do) then all we need is for Square Enix to make a Halo JRPG and BAM: JRPGs are back in buissness.

lol that would be so awesome.that will be M$ big announcement at e3.who needs a fps anymore now halo will be everything besides that starting next year halo will be released as a garden simulator like viva pinata

JaggedSac said:
NinjaKido said:

LOL , alternate account FTW ?

What? Two people who don't agree with you?!?!  Must be an alt account. 

Your an idiot.

Ironic, lmao.

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Skittles said:
JaggedSac said:
NinjaKido said:

LOL , alternate account FTW ?

What? Two people who don't agree with you?!?!  Must be an alt account. 

Your an idiot.

Ironic, lmao.

LOL.  Tragic irony.

You're clever to have noticed that.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Because Gears of War 2 would be included in that. And that shows the amount of searches done through Google for the given subject.

Mmhmm?

wii fit    halo 3  
 Rank by   wii fit halo 3
Does that dismiss Google Trends as an accurate sales prediction?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

That was a bit ambiguous, fine. In case you wanted more proof:

killzone 2    wii sports resort  
 Rank by   

KILLZONE 2 TO OUTSELL WII SPORTS RESORT CONFIRMED!

Kantor said:
JaggedSac said:
Because Gears of War 2 would be included in that. And that shows the amount of searches done through Google for the given subject.

Mmhmm?

wii fit    halo 3  
 Rank by   wii fit halo 3
Does that dismiss Google Trends as an accurate sales prediction?

I agree Kantor, google trends can't be used as some sort of evidence that a game will sell higher, this is just search trends which change hour by hour, just because a game gets a lot of searches doesn't mean it will be a success or sell a zillon copies.

I mean, for all you know, people could be searching "Wars in Halo lore".

Kantor said:
I mean, for all you know, people could be searching "Wars in Halo lore".

Or "in wars lore halo", the list really could go on lol