By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “Xbox 360 is not ahead by a million units,” PS3 now market’s number 2, says Reeves

Pristine20 said:
seece said:
exactly what has happened in the last few weeks to show they are "clearly" number 2 in the market?

I hope Greenburg bites back pretty soon.

He's only talking about his region---Europa.

Right .... point still stands?

Around the Network

What is the sales level/gap since the PS3 was released?

That could explain the "truth" in these statements.

If you set the consoles to "0" upon PS3 release (ignoring all consoles sold before March 2007), the picture becomes very different.

That being said, it still ignores that a lot of people bought the competitor's product rather than waiting for yours to make it to market.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

there is no contest to the fact that PS3 is doing well in Europe compared to the 360 (despite the recent trend). The thing is 360 isn't doing all that good in EU.... there is the UK mostly that like the 360, and elsewhere, MS has a bad rep.

Though considering the recent holiday, there is really no reason to scream victory for PS3...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

He says looking at NPD they aren't behind by 1 million units....ok....we know that.....it's more like 7 million in the Americas. Then he says they're neck and neck in Pal territories. So does he think they are close to the 360 worldwide? He also says they overtook the 360 before the price drop. What is he talking about?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

seece said:
Pristine20 said:
seece said:
exactly what has happened in the last few weeks to show they are "clearly" number 2 in the market?

Right .... point still stands?

Barely. He'd be right that ps3 and 360 are neck and neck not like in the US where the ps3 is pretty much a lost cause.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
Just considering how much later PS3 came out in PAL territories they should be glad if its even close. 360 should theoretically be dominating PAL since it came out sooner.

PS3 PAL Release - March 23, 2007

360 PAL Release - December 2, 2005

Fixed.

Pristine20 said:
seece said:

So why did he mention NPD?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

@goddbless

in April SONY made a statement saying they overtook 360 in EU

so no he isn't lying

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sounds like he is arguing MS's claim to be ahead in Europe by 1 million units but references NPD numbers to substantiate that claim.

@Darthdevidem01 - I understand what you are saying and honestly NOT trying to rain on your parade (I don't think Sony is dying or anything stupid like that) but I honestly feel that regardless of launch date, MS is pretty happy...

They have successfully launched a system against an entrenched competitor who had both huge brand awareness/loyalty and previous market share dominance. I'd posit that even if MS was behind in European territories by a small number, they'd consider this a success.

Goddbless said:
Pristine20 said:
seece said:

So why did he mention NPD?

perhaps he meant in comparison to US? You should know that sony's divisions operate near autonomously. This is one of the company's biggest problems. Thus it's quite obvious that Reeves only speaks of Europe. Thats where his job is dependent on.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler