By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “Xbox 360 is not ahead by a million units,” PS3 now market’s number 2, says Reeves

iron_megalith said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I don't get this. Did he just say, there is no 8million gap? Or is he just talking about Europe? He can't be talking about Europe only, because the article says "looking back on the post-December NPD fallout."

This is a serious question, I don't get what he is trying to say.

I think he's saying outsold by a million. Well I dunno though, I'm confused with that statement too.

I think thats what there paid for to baffle you with bulls**t and statistics.

And I mean all of them.

Around the Network

"What happened was, we overtook them, and they dropped the price. It’s almost as if we’ve gone ten rounds as Mohammed Ali and we’re still standing, because we didn’t drop the price. We held firm."

actually id consider 360 the underdog and Sony the champ. Cause wasnt europe supposed to be sony land?

I mean................hes claiming they are having a small lead when it was expected that they be a distant #1 b4 the PS3 launched.

KillerMan said:
coolestguyever said:
Just considering how much later PS3 came out in PAL territories they should be glad if its even close. 360 should theoretically be dominating PAL since it came out sooner.

PS3 PAL Release - March 23, 2007

360 PAL Release - December 2, 2005

Fixed.

cant blame 360 for not having a big lead................Europeans are very loyal to their brand, and its been the PS brand since the PS1

markers said:
keeping it positive is all he is doing. i believe, and so does sony, a price cut on the ps3 and it will outsell the 360. the only questions remains though, when will the price cut come?

No there are far more questions.

1. Will it be a 25 / 50 / 100 € price-cut?
  2. Can Sony afford to cut price with a current 1.7 billion USD loss?
  3. The PS3 is still not profitable, will it ever be with a price-cut? So far there is a 6 billion USD loss for the PS3
  4. Will PS3-sales increase dramatically so that MS needs a counter?
  5. If so, how will this counter look like?
  6. Would a Wii price-cut destroy the competition once for all?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...