By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “Xbox 360 is not ahead by a million units,” PS3 now market’s number 2, says Reeves

TRios_Zen said:
Sounds like he is arguing MS's claim to be ahead in Europe by 1 million units but references NPD numbers to substantiate that claim.

@Darthdevidem01 - I understand what you are saying and honestly NOT trying to rain on your parade (I don't think Sony is dying or anything stupid like that) but I honestly feel that regardless of launch date, MS is pretty happy...

They have successfully launched a system against an entrenched competitor who had both huge brand awareness/loyalty and previous market share dominance. I'd posit that even if MS was behind in European territories by a small number, they'd consider this a success.

Darth said M$ was sad? I missed that part!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
Just considering how much later PS3 came out in PAL territories they should be glad if its even close. 360 should theoretically be dominating PAL since it came out sooner.

PS3 PAL Release - November 17, 2006

360 PAL Release - December 2, 2005

what ? ps3 pal release was sometime spring 2007. I remember. It pissed me off that it had gotten delayed :p

Check out my game about moles ^

He should be happy with PAL numbers. They are doing great all things considered.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

coolestguyever said:
Just considering how much later PS3 came out in PAL territories they should be glad if its even close. 360 should theoretically be dominating PAL since it came out sooner.

PS3 PAL Release - November 17, 2006

360 PAL Release - December 2, 2005

You should be aware though, that it was nearly impossible to find a 360 in Europe until March 2006. There were 360's on eBay for 1000 Euros.

Of the three threads made by Reask on Reeves, his one was the most compelling (through sheer WTF-ery)

First of all, if Sony is second does that mean they are again counting the Wii?

Secondly, how can the PS3 pass the X360? They've had an head start and only increased this further in the mentioned months.

And finally: what with the frigging boxing-analogy again?! We all know how this ends... Muhammed will continue kicking their ass. I could stand ten rounds against Muhammed if my stamina was high enough to continue running from him - but I'd still loose...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
Esmoreit said:
Of the three threads made by Reask on Reeves, his one was the most compelling (through sheer WTF-ery)

Secondly, how can the PS3 pass the X360? They've had an head start and only increased this further in the mentioned months.

And finally: what with the frigging boxing-analogy again?! We all know how this ends... Muhammed will continue kicking their ass. I could stand ten rounds against Muhammed if my stamina was high enough to continue running from him - but I'd still loose...

I love the bolded part. Honestly they must not be counting the Wii anymore if they think they're 2nd. This also means they believe the 360 is in 1st. Way to go Microsoft!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Killerman, it ws released in november here in the UK so i would unfix that

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Goddbless said:
Esmoreit said:

I love the bolded part. Honestly they must not be counting the Wii anymore if they think they're 2nd. This also means they believe the 360 is in 1st. Way to go Microsoft!

I don't know now if they count it or not. On the one hand he says that they have reached second place by passing MS (Which means that the wii is still first despite what Kaz told us earlier) or it must still be there, holding their ground... what do I say, generally taking ground from both consoles...

Or the X360 is still in place thus contradicting himself in one quote!

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

This site puts the 360 500,000 ahead in Europe so no its not a million ahead. also if you look at the numbers, from this site the PS3 was indeed ahead of the 360 before the second price cut in Europe. OK?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

What he means is, had 360 not dropped their price, PS3 would have outsold it. Now yes, 360 did drop the price, and yes, they outsold their competitor pretty well. 360 is exhausting it's strategies..after this year, I highly doubt the 360 will outsell the PS3 for a full month ever again.

*que the xbots*

Sony has a lot more they can do in this console war at this point BECAUSE they haven't dropped their price. MS is running out of options, because when Sony lowers their price, the only thing MS will be able to do is add accessories to their consoles...the public at large isn't going to care as much as they think. I'm not saying it won't help them..it's just not going to have near the impact that Sony will have with their price cuts.