By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Hidden Message for Xbox.com - Something happening 1-30-09

Shadowblind said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
Thechalkblock said:
I really hope my RE5 experience will not be hampered by the system I buy it on...

ya, its getting really sad at this point. 360 getting bonus content for multiplat games is, IMO, just plain stupid.

its not like the companies are making more money if they sell more 360 copies than PS3 copies. in reality, they're losing money cause thats less people to sell the DLC to.

maybe M$ is paying them off :o

Perhaps its the knowledge that they will have so much more people to sell it to if they do it on 360 then PS3? Idunno =/

ya, but think of it like this.

a kid has a PS3 and wants RE5. hes not gona go get a 360 just for the DLC. even if he does, Capcom makes 0 dollars from that, other than on the DLC, which if they put on the PS3, they would have made anyway.

theyre just losing money by not making it like that. and who cares if the 360 version sells more? capcom doesnt give a crap, they just want money

Around the Network

i can understand, to a certain extent a game being exclusive...but for the life of me making DLC exclusive is just retarded....absolutely retarded.....unless MSFT is paying for it, then i have no problem with that because that is logical to be paid for something exclusive.....my only problem is that as a gamer i kind of feel its lame, not illogical.

I saw this earlier today, maybe something will be shown tomorrow.

steverhcp02 said:
i can understand, to a certain extent a game being exclusive...but for the life of me making DLC exclusive is just retarded....absolutely retarded.....unless MSFT is paying for it, then i have no problem with that because that is logical to be paid for something exclusive.....my only problem is that as a gamer i kind of feel its lame, not illogical.

Interesting how 360 owners never complain about exclusive content.

But I agree, it's horrible that Microsoft actually tries to afford their gamers the best games possible. I know that's hard to swallow as a Sony owner but...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
steverhcp02 said:

Interesting how 360 owners never complain about exclusive content.

But I agree, it's horrible that Microsoft actually tries to afford their gamers the best games possible. I know that's hard to swallow as a Sony owner but...

haha, no i agree with you. im just saying i think its lame but if MSFT is fronting the check then i understand. OBVIOUSLY the devs arent just making DLC exclusive out of of good will towards a console....especially when these companies have longer ties to Sony than MSFT....i just think its lame objectively and as a gamer for companies to pay for exclusive DLC so our brethrens of different consoles cant enjoy them for multiplat games.

Around the Network

I just checked it out on Major's Minute, and it's legit.

In the background, I can make out several occurrences of the words 'they are'. I can also see 'kiju', 'kujuu', 'thing'

In the bottom right corner (partly obscured by the Xbox logo), I believe I can see 'they are in Kijuju'.

A quick Google search tells me that Kijuju is the fictional part of Africa the game takes place in.

Any theories?

I think 'they' refers to either the BSAA (Chris and Sheva) or whoever it is they're looking for.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

i think it's exclusive content

Also, I will throw my hat in and say it's probably exclusive DLC modes akin to what the PS2 got over the GC version.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

OK, I give in too. DLC it is...

Phoenix_Wiight said:
Shadowblind said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
Thechalkblock said:
I really hope my RE5 experience will not be hampered by the system I buy it on...

ya, its getting really sad at this point. 360 getting bonus content for multiplat games is, IMO, just plain stupid.

its not like the companies are making more money if they sell more 360 copies than PS3 copies. in reality, they're losing money cause thats less people to sell the DLC to.

maybe M$ is paying them off :o

Perhaps its the knowledge that they will have so much more people to sell it to if they do it on 360 then PS3? Idunno =/

ya, but think of it like this.

a kid has a PS3 and wants RE5. hes not gona go get a 360 just for the DLC. even if he does, Capcom makes 0 dollars from that, other than on the DLC, which if they put on the PS3, they would have made anyway.

theyre just losing money by not making it like that. and who cares if the 360 version sells more? capcom doesnt give a crap, they just want money

Well, it's an absolute given that if it ends up being exclusive DLC, Microsoft paid for it.  Obviously they wouldn't just do it out of charity.

As you said, if someone already owns a PS3 and not a 360, this definitely wouldn't sway them into buying it.  However, if they didn't own either console and were debating which to pick up for this game, all other things being equal, what do you think they'd pick?  Likewise, if they already had both systems, this would make them more likely to pick up the Xbox version.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."