By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Hidden Message for Xbox.com - Something happening 1-30-09

http://tiltedscreen.com/?p=1972

January 29, 2009

Resident Evil 5 Hidden Message on Xbox live

What the hell is that….

Ok, so I just got done getting my ass handed to me on Street Fighter 2 HD and decided to watch some Major Nelson.  This week on Majors Minute he was speaking about RE5 on Xbox Live.  Then Half way through the video this screen pops up for about 5 seconds.  At first I thought it was just a web address.  So I typed it into Firefox, nothing.  Then I thought maybe its a code on XBox.com/RE .. nope nothing… So what is it?   Of coarse RE5 comes out on 3-13-09 ..but the numbers on the shot say 013009 so what is that? Shift 5? is that a reference to Shift F5.   I don’t know, do you? Tell us what you think….

Click Jump to post comments or to see pic larger
Quick note - You don’t have to be a member to comment

Click Image to see it even bigger

Edit- seems if you go to xbox.com/re5 and hit shift+5 it loads some flash animation and some snarling sounds.

guess we’ll have to wait until 01/30/09 - Thanks for the TIP XGRaViSmOrSX

A flash animation that says Badlands.  Wonder what it means?

When you hover over the banner at the top, it changes Resident Evil to Resident Live.  When you click, it takes you to a Resident Evil website where you move a candle around.  Not sure what this is all about.

Around the Network

Resident Live = RE MMO?

halogamer1989 said:
Resident Live = RE MMO?

Nah, probably something smaller.

I'm thinking its probably something like a "chat with the devs and game with them on launch day" or something like that.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Maybe more Xbox-exclusive content? Like some more backstory or something?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

my guess is they are working on a 360 exclusive addon that will be titled badlands. Just a guess.

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

Around the Network

I really hope my RE5 experience will not be hampered by the system I buy it on...

Well, if we're right about the date, we'll find out tomorrow if it means anything.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Thechalkblock said:
I really hope my RE5 experience will not be hampered by the system I buy it on...

ya, its getting really sad at this point. 360 getting bonus content for multiplat games is, IMO, just plain stupid.

its not like the companies are making more money if they sell more 360 copies than PS3 copies. in reality, they're losing money cause thats less people to sell the DLC to.

maybe M$ is paying them off :o

hopefully 360 version gets exclusive content......we dont want PS3 copies being sold now do we?

Phoenix_Wiight said:
Thechalkblock said:

ya, its getting really sad at this point. 360 getting bonus content for multiplat games is, IMO, just plain stupid.

its not like the companies are making more money if they sell more 360 copies than PS3 copies. in reality, they're losing money cause thats less people to sell the DLC to.

maybe M$ is paying them off :o

Perhaps its the knowledge that they will have so much more people to sell it to if they do it on 360 then PS3? Idunno =/

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.