By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is there any chance for Sony to beat Microsoft in 2009 ?

in theory. probably not though.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

I dont see them closing an 8 million console gap completely, I dont think it is even realistic to think so. The 360 would have to start selling about 100k consoles a week and the PS3 get a significant increase to about 250K+. So no not a chance, but I do think it is possible in 2010.

I don't think so. But, who knows? I do, and it won't happen.

Price cut and ww GT5 release and they will kill MS. At 299 PS3 will spank 360 in sales especially if the crap arcade 360 sku is continued.

Though they really need a huge hardware mover and GT5 is that, K2 GOW3 FF13/Verus could pull it of though i doubt all those can achieve what alone GT5 can.

twingo said:
Price cut and ww GT5 release and they will kill MS. At 299 PS3 will spank 360 in sales especially if the crap arcade 360 sku is continued.

Though they really need a huge hardware mover and GT5 is that, K2 GOW3 FF13/Verus could pull it of though i doubt all those can achieve what alone GT5 can.

And if Microsoft likewise matches, then what? 

Around the Network

i think that he means this year.and i believe they can if they go about it the right way

richardhutnik said:
twingo said:

MS stockholders will panic, and MS will be fondly remembered as "the place that gave us XBox 360 for practically free".

twingo said:

You know that (except for FFXIII in Japan) only Killzone 2 is confirmed to release in 2009 ?

Groucho said:
richardhutnik said:
twingo said:

MS stockholders will panic, and MS will be fondly remembered as "the place that gave us XBox 360 for practically free".

Look at the financial reports. One of Sony and Microsoft had a 0.1% profit margin in their gaming division in the last quarter, on top of having three products with declining sales, even though only the other one had price cuts. And of course, only one of them is predicting to have a huge loss in the ongoing quarter due to problems in their core business.

If any stockholders are about to panic, it's not Microsoft's.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

If god of war 3 and gran turismo 5 make it on time then yes.

Or if a price cut comes then yes.