By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews killzone 2- 9.4/10

Wow killzone 2 FTW!! :D :D :D :D :D

Around the Network

^^^hell yeah

lool

killzone2 4D Confirmeddd??????111!!!!111

YHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Xbot said:
resistance 2 got a 9.5 and it sucked!

holy dog shit your name describes you perfectly.

On topic thats awesome! Great to see IGN likes it. And yes Resistance 2 got a 9.5 but it was in fact a great game.

Surprised R2 got a higher score. Personally I think the only advantages it has over KZ2 is the co-op and splitscreen. Besides that, based on what I've heard and seen, KZ2 just seems like a much more polished and detailed game (not just talkin about graphics either). The main gametypes of each one's multiplayer are also complete opposites - R2's Skirmish is ridiculously repetitive with it's Beacon craze. KZ2 is a constantly-changing setup.

I'm just hopin that I'll enjoy KZ2 - if it wasn't for this game, I seriously would've bought a 360 instead of a PS3. I've been reading pretty much every piece of info I could ever since I heard about it and there's many things about the game that fit my tastes so perfectly. So far, my multiplat games get much more use than the exclusives on my PS3.

I'll be pre-odering for a demo code.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

Nice catch Spartan!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

Can someone tell me bout the controls..
urgh!!!!!
is toggle on/off option for iron sights available
im to lazy to do the research >.>;;

Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

star_city said:
Can someone tell me bout the controls..
urgh!!!!!
is toggle on/off option for iron sights available
im to lazy to do the research >.>;;

Dear Guerrila: Killzone 2’s Controls Still Need Work

Posted by Russ Frushtick on 01/12 at 11:42 AM

UPDATE: People sorta freaked out. Again. I just want to impress on everyone that I’m not saying remove the controls that are in there now (even though they’re kinda terrible). I’m just saying give people the option to use whatever control scheme they want. If that makes you upset, then you must not believe in Freedom.

A few weeks ago, I wrote about how I was really not feeling the Killzone 2 controls, and a lot of people sorta flipped out. They said, “Wait until the final version! Guerrilla has promised fully customizable controls!” Well, I’ve waited, and I’m still not happy.

In the final, reviewable build that Sony sent me, the controls are not fully customizable. You’re still limited to six different configurations, and none of them are a button-for-button mimic of Call of Duty 4 (which, according to a heck of a lot of people, is the best FPS control scheme yet), and all of them place crouch on L2. If you feel like having fun, try holding down L2 on your PS3 controller for an extended period of time. If you’ve been playing games, your hands are probably a little sweaty and you’ll find that your finger slips off the convex shape of the L2 trigger pretty easily.

Now imagine that you’re in an intense firefight, crouched behind a sandbag, and your finger accidentally slips. You pop up and you’re dead. Yay.

This one specific issue could be remedied with the addition of a toggle-crouch option in single player. Unfortunately that’s something that Guerrilla just doesn’t want to give you. You can make crouch a toggle in mutliplayer, but not in single player. Why, you ask? We contacted SCEA about that very thing, and here’s what they said.

“The crouch toggle will only be in multiplayer.  This wasn’t an oversight in single player but rather a function of how the team wants users to play the game.  It’s a quick action game, and the crouch is more of a function to duck behind objects for pop and shoot gameplay.  The toggled crouch kind of defeated that purpose and started leading to gameplay that was counter to the heart of the game.”

Allowing people to crouch whenever they want really ruins the pacing of your game so much that you want them to do it as little as possible? Why would you put such a focus on maintaining cover, then?

I feel like it’s hard for people to understand where I’m coming from without playing them game for themselves. Thankfully pre-order demos will be going out shortly, and I have a feeling that I won’t be the only one bringing this up.

For the record, the only other thing I’m asking for is to make a control scheme that places crouch on circle. Currently circle is just for pushing buttons and opening doors, and I would be perfectly fine relegating that to L2. With those two changes made, the controls would be fine by me. A day-one patch would be super, thanks guys!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

I actually press the top part of L2 or R2, the sort of edge or corner so I have lots of purchase instead of trying to press the flat face where my finger will easily slide down. It works fine with said adjustment to cope with the controller's flaw.

Also the 360's sticks are better for aiming and not losing purchase, those controllers seems to have a recess cut into the stick with four dots so you can get a quick and easy feel to which direction is perfectly straight forward, or left, right etc. I sometimes slide off the Ps3 sticks, especially in games that I have to hold forward or sideways for an extended period of time.

I'm tempted to buy those trigger extentions and cut a groove into my Ps3 controller's sticks : P I was even thinking of trying to get one of my xbox controllers and combining it's casing with my Ps3 controller's innards :D

Atleast the D-pad is better! And no batteries!

The Dutch deliver quality, confirmed!

Now all go watch Blackbook!
(Or any other film by Paul Verhoeven)