By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews killzone 2- 9.4/10

Talk about having to eat crow I done a silly thread last night asking a silly question which thankfully got locked by someone with more sense than me.

Altough no excuse alcohol had been consumed and my judgment was probably clouded still silly really.

OT Having watched the IGN vid review and read other reviews it would appear this game will more than live up to expectations.

I would go one step further and say this game will help make 09 the turning point for the PS3.

This was one of the comments from EG which helped sell it for me.

For the most part, they attack in squads. They'll flank you. They'll use grenades to flush you out. They'll take it in turns to keep you busy with suppressing fire, then wait for you to reload and rush your position. Die, restart and take a different approach, try a different angle of attack, and you'll see the enemy reacting to your actions rather than simply popping out of the same cover spots like sideshow ducks.

Also graphics by all accounts are amazing I only watched it in sd and it still looked excellent.

Fair play all round and its good to see the bar been raised.

Around the Network
reask said:

Talk about having to eat crow I done a silly thread last night asking a silly question which thankfully got locked by someone with more sense than me.

Altough no excuse alcohol had been consumed and my judgment was probably clouded still silly really.

OT Having watched the IGN vid review and read other reviews it would appear this game will more than live up to expectations.

I would go one step further and say this game will help make 09 the turning point for the PS3.

This was one of the comments from EG which helped sell it for me.

For the most part, they attack in squads. They'll flank you. They'll use grenades to flush you out. They'll take it in turns to keep you busy with suppressing fire, then wait for you to reload and rush your position. Die, restart and take a different approach, try a different angle of attack, and you'll see the enemy reacting to your actions rather than simply popping out of the same cover spots like sideshow ducks.

Also graphics by all accounts are amazing I only watched it in sd and it still looked excellent.

Fair play all round and its good to see the bar been raised.

+ 1 for admitting you were wrong. Does this mean you'll get a PS3 ?

I hope Sony makes a concerted effort to market this game. The quality is present, judging by this and other reviews. I expect KS2 will sell approximately 42.5-45% (3,825,000-4,050,000) of what Halo has hitherto sold. I would be satisfied with that number.

Strange, I would think K2 would beat R2.

@ blazinghead and CGI.
Thanks guys.
About a PS3 purchase I certainly want some games on it but funds determine everything so maybe summer.
But yes I would like to have all consoles.

Around the Network

I remember when the AI was called dumb. The reviews said you will get killed alot if you dont play smart.

So what is up with the Helghast running amok and wild on the battlefield?

Think of it as a real war. Running amok, scared, frightened, you will begin to lose your common sense and do the most illogical things to get yourself killed.

People are dying all around you, no place to hide, grenades are going off nearby, you only chance is to fight crazily. Crazily enough to charge a marine reloading his gun with a knife in hopes you kill him before he can get a shot off.

Dont believe me, watch clips of real wars. They do the most illogical things.

Nice, but apparently its worse than Resistance 2 According to IGN?

Agamemnon862 said:
Nice, but apparently its worse than Resistance 2 According to IGN?

What I posted in the official Killzone 2 thread:

Killzone 2:

IGN - 9.4
IGN AU - 9.0
Eurogamer - 9
GamePro - 5/5
MEGamers - 9.9
Meristation - 9.5
GamePlayer - 9.5
OPM AU - 9
OPM US - 5/5

Resistance 2:

IGN - 9.5
IGN AU - 9.3
Eurogamer - 9
GamerPro - 4/5
MEGAmers - 9.0
Meristation - 9.0
GamePlayer - 9.0
OPM AU - 9
OPM US - 4/5

IGN are the only ones that have scored R2 higher than KZ2 thus far.

@ MM The IGN Review was IGN UK. Isn't there a separate IGN US?

reask said:
@ blazinghead and CGI.
Thanks guys.
About a PS3 purchase I certainly want some games on it but funds determine everything so maybe summer.
But yes I would like to have all consoles.

Cool. Hopefully your funds allow you to .