By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii to go below 10k a week in Japan!!!!!!

bigjon said:
I think it is safer to say a price drop is needed in Japan, I mean come on Nintendo, no need to be greedy, you know there is a recession and a price drop would do more than in a normal time.

Also the Wii will not drop below 10K, I think 15k will be the ABSOLUTE lowest.

Actually, I think it's rather the opposite.

As it is a recession, they need to be greedy.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

There's not much chance we'll see the Wii price-drop in the near future. DS and PSP are more than 4 years old, and haven't had one.

Plus Wii is still managing to outsell both console competitors combined most weeks.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Star Scream said:
There's not much chance we'll see the Wii price-drop in the near future. DS and PSP are more than 4 years old, and haven't had one.

The reason neither PSP or DS can drop the price if i remember correctly was because of the silly screen they have, their supplier won't lower their prices.

After seeing the Wii numbers this week from Famitsue the is a greater chance this predictio might come true

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I seriously doubt that Wii will get below 10 k, if it did it would be horrible. But even if it did would it matter in the long run? I don´t think so, Wii has already won in Japan as elsewhere. I see PS3 outselling Wii during February and March in Japan, at least for some weeks, due to strong software but it won´t matter the slightest in the long run so nothing to get excited about for Sonyfans. Even if Wii is in a big slump in Japan right now (and I do believe it will continue through March with better times in April) it will pick up again with new software (Wii Sport Resort, Monster Hunter 3 among others).

On another note, Nintendo is butchering the competition in both America and Europe, both which are far bigger markets now than Japan so I don´t think Nintendo are too worried about this Japan salesslump.

lol
stop getting your hopes up..
we all know the ps3 is dead(even i know this and i own one), its time you stop living in denial.

edit. dead in japan

hello how are you.

I hope you realise you are using similar comparison methods to Crazzyman.

Here are two valid comparisons:

1. Comparing a console NOW to another console NOW

2. Comparing a console to another with aligned release dates (this one needs to take into account release dates in different regions)

Comparing the Wii now to the PS3 last year is a useless comparison =)=)=)

And even then, what exactly does this bode for the PS3, are you predicting it to fall below 4-5k for the same week the Wii goes below 10K?
Or even the X360, which is also selling below what the PS3 did at this point last year... by this method the X360 should be falling under 1k at the same time.

Wii has been averaging about a 5-10% drop per week. But late March and April should be great for all machines in Japan as the FFXIII demo, Golden Week, Monster Hunter Wii, and DQIX all drive sales.

There are a few minor games at the end of February through late March to Monster Hunter in May though that should keep Wii above 15k most, if not all the time.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

The scary thing is, this may come to pass. Maybe not in the next few months...But I dread to think what September or October will bring.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.