By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Call of Duty, World at War Wii starting to do that Wii Stealth move?

Bah ... don't tell me that wii line up for Q1 is amazing ... so it's a good time for well known franchise to sell, believe it or not. I don't care.

Around the Network

Okay, Q1 isn't amazing but I am just saying that 360/PS3 owners that had COD4 were more likely to buy it right away than Wii owners that only had COD3 not 4. So I guess we both can be right.

nice, wasnt sure about this game. guess i might give it a try on the wii this weekend.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Impressive. It wasn't too long ago that people were making threads calling this game a flop.

They were wrong.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Wild that it's posting growth month over month after an initial decline. Hopefully it paints a prettier picture for Activision to take Wii seriously.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

There is also the retailer factor.

Retailers only bought so many copies at first as they expected the game to bomb on Wii. After seeing it quickly sell through the first few shipments, retailers realized the demand was far higher than their supply and began buying larger quantities of stock from their distributors.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

650k, not bad. Pretty safe to say Call of Duty: World At War will sell 700k with good chance of even higher numbers.

Maybe it will move to a million in stealth like House of the Dead 2&3 Return?

Tuulikk, it will be at 700k in 2 weeks.

Even if it drops down to 15k per week for the year, that's another 780,000. If it manages just 10k per week, that's still another 520,000. This game will see platinum status. It's not a matter of if but when.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Good to see WAW continuing to sneak forwards as before. It's going to be tough choosing between this and the Conduit. (I am not a big fan of FPS)

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

But it was outsold by lips.....

Anyway, we all remember what the naysayers said about Uncharted, and while that did have a much larger launch, WaW has a larger user base to sell to, so I certainly think it could get to 1.5m in the long run