By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Call of Duty, World at War Wii starting to do that Wii Stealth move?

Esa-Petteri said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Looks like it! It is closing on half of what 360-version sold week one and it is already sold more than what 360-version sold on week 2. It has great legs too, it sold almost 33% as much as 360-version did on last complete week(9).

What does 360 have to do with a Wii thread other then trolling?

Well it was mentioned in OP, in a way that 360 version sold only 11% of launch weeks numbers. I merely offered another way to look at the numbers. How can facts be considered trolling?

To comment on your first post, legs aren't determined by comparing to sales on other consoles, they're determined by looking at how the sales of the game is doing on one console over a period of time. Your comparison to the 360 in regards to legs didn't really make sense to me.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Looks like it! It is closing on half of what 360-version sold week one and it is already sold more than what 360-version sold on week 2. It has great legs too, it sold almost 33% as much as 360-version did on last complete week(9).

I remember when someone made the same type of comment when someone else dared to suggest that Wii Fit might actually outsell GTA4 even though GTA4 sold a gazillion copies in the first 30 seconds it was on sale. I didn't suggest it would outsell the XBox version when the XBox is the undisputed FPS console. But thank you for making very sure we got the point. I do suggest that it will sell much better than some people thought, and it may be selling still when the HD console users have long since gone on to their next big hit. The buying patterns are obviously very different.

Glad to see it picking up in sales. I enjoyed the single player and now I am addicted to the online mode.

@Grampy

You are welcome.

Yeh I'm addicted to online.. Haven't even played the single player mode :P

I really hope that The Conduit expands the online experience for Wii because the controls are amazingly good in CoD: WaW on Wii. Graphics are acceptable but could be better and there should have been more maps and modes.

But the controls make it a VERY enjoyable experience..

Around the Network
puffy said:
Yeh I'm addicted to online.. Haven't even played the single player mode :P

I really hope that The Conduit expands the online experience for Wii because the controls are amazingly good in CoD: WaW on Wii. Graphics are acceptable but could be better and there should have been more maps and modes.

But the controls make it a VERY enjoyable experience..

I was the same way until I forced myself to sitdown and play the singleplayer, which was really good itself, and I want the Conduit to basically be like W@W with more modes and more players and I'll have my FPS fix for 2009.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

yeah its a good game and like some other good games on Wii it starts out slow and has really good legs and ends up doing rather well

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

The only problem with this prediction is that the legs could get cut off by something like The Conduit. Possibly not due to the fact that WWII settings are more popular than sci-fi settings.

@Esa-Petteri: It's not about total sales, it's about sales growth. The 360 version is declining where the Wii version is growing. It won't be an evergreen title like Mario Kart, but it should grow legs to keep it going till a superior FPS steals it's thunder.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Few "core" games are released at the moment on wii ... Maybe this explains that.

Tremble said:
Few "core" games are released at the moment on wii ... Maybe this explains that.

More like it is a crappy explanation made by you.  A better explanation would be that a majority of PS3/360 owners that wanted the game bought it right when it came out while the Wii owners take more time to purchase it.