By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco and Atlus (heart) XBOX360

@ pbroy

This seems to be only about the 360. Was it only from a 360 article or something?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Atlus should be developing for PS3 as well, as they were gathering devs for both consoles.

japanese devs leaving the hd consoles for the wii my ass.

outlawauron said:
@ pbroy

This seems to be only about the 360. Was it only from a 360 article or something?

Pretty sure this is the case, as they have comments from MS but not Sony.

NYANKS said:
WTH, I thought Atlus head had a personal beef with Microsoft. MS must be payin some large amount of money to keep gettin these games instead of Wii and PS3.

Why is everyone always saying this? There's absolutely zero proof for this and it's completely ridiculous to assume every single title that goes the way of Microsoft is funded by MS. Two days ago someone actually said MS paid to get the RE5 demo a week early on Live...

Seriously, it's easier to develop on the 360 and worldwide it has the largest userbase of the two HD consoles. IT MAKES SENSE to develop for the 360 (to be clear: I'm not saying the opposite doesn't make sense).

People also need to understand that porting a game costs money as well. Sure it's much less than the original development, but it is money that can't be used for other things. Some comapnies just don't have the means or the will to port.

Capcom
- RE5 will sell 5-6 million. Within Japan, expect sales of 500k on one of the platforms
- demo was very popular

Wow, I thought I read the expectations were 2.5 million. The rather low reactions to the demo won't really help selling this huge amount I guess. 500k in Japan means close to MGS levels. Will RE5 be that popular in Japan? I doubt it actually. 

Around the Network

Naruto Narutimate Storm was on PS3.

BengaBenga said:

Capcom
- RE5 will sell 5-6 million. Within Japan, expect sales of 500k on one of the platforms
- demo was very popular

Wow, I thought I read the expectations were 2.5 million. The rather low reactions to the demo won't really help selling this huge amount I guess. 500k in Japan means close to MGS levels. Will RE5 be that popular in Japan? I doubt it actually.

Now this is interesting, funny how they say 'in one of the platforms' out of courtesy to MS (which this article is obviously about) rather than just outright say PS3. I think the number is achievable, it all depends if the brandname still hold as much sway as Capcom obviously hope.

mibuokami said:
BengaBenga said:

Capcom
- demo was very popular

Now this is interesting, funny how they say 'in one of the platforms' out of courtesy to MS (which this article is obviously about) rather than just outright say PS3. I think the number is achievable, it all depends if the brandname still hold as much sway as Capcom obviously hope. 

I think the brandname is still pretty ok, but the series has Westernized alot, and RE5 seems to be even more shooter than RE4 based on the demo.

RE4 sold 500k on the PS2 and 200k on GC. Both had much bigger userbases than The PS3 and 360 respectively.

Surprised on how well it sold on a M$ console, that´s the point.

axumblade said:
How does "developing for xbox360" mean that they love the xbox 360? Valve didn't like developing for the PS3 but that didn't stop the Orange Box from coming out on the Ps3.

Valve didn't do the work on Orange Box for PS3. Another EA team did. That's the reason Left 4 Dead isn't out on PS3 yet. valve won't do it themselves