By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco and Atlus (heart) XBOX360

alfredofroylan said:

Well in the last number of Famitsu Namco said that they're really happy ith ToV sales ......

Bandai Namco
- surprised how well ToV sold. Gundam Musou 2 also did well
- Naruto Narutimate Storm (sp?) showed Japan's ability to put out a "super anime" game, or something
- plan to release 5-6 games on 360 this year. since it's HD they are all big titles
- some new IP
- i-mas DLC sales were a massive surprise. even though they don't sell overseas, the dev costs are totally covered

And for Atlus

Atlus
- developing for 360

Source:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350394

Well 5 or 6 games are a big number for a system that it's on last place on Japan, so maybe we don't know something.

Whoooooo! Especially that first one!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

I have a feeling that Namco is surprised at how well it sold in Japan, not overall.

It's good news all around though in the OP. Most of those 5-6 games from Namco are already known though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I have a feeling that Namco is surprised at how well it sold in Japan, not overall.

It's good news all around though in the OP. Most of those 5-6 games from Namco are already known though.

Considering the unusually large amount of clusterf***s they put Vesperia through in the West, they damn well better be surprised that it even sold 10,000 copies.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

WTH, I thought Atlus head had a personal beef with Microsoft. MS must be payin some large amount of money to keep gettin these games instead of Wii and PS3.

NYANKS said:
WTH, I thought Atlus head had a personal beef with Microsoft. MS must be payin some large amount of money to keep gettin these games instead of Wii and PS3.

Or it could just be that this is mostly (or completely) false since there's no source.

Around the Network

im pretty sure some of those 5-6 games will be on the PS3. If not they must hate money.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

AE86 said:
NYANKS said:

Or it could just be that this is mostly (or completely) false since there's no source.

the source is the latest famitsu i believe

markers said:
AE86 said:
NYANKS said:

the source is the latest famitsu i believe

Yeah, but theres no source for the translation, i.e. it could really be anything, or could just be made up on the spot.

ssj12 said:
im pretty sure some of those 5-6 games will be on the PS3. If not they must hate money.

Afro Samurai, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, Splatterhouse and Tekken 6 are all announced and all multiplatform. I'm fairly sure they are being included in this 5-6 titles for 360, so yes I'm gathering it's just a bunch of multiplats unless the final one or two are exclusives by some chance.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Full translation, lots of other interesting 360 tidbits thrown in there.

Quote:
MS
- didn't expect the hardware sales to grow as much as they did
- gears 2 is in the process of being properly localized for JP, some stuff must be cut
- not considering BD version of 360. they slyly dodge the question of a slim 360, but seems something will happen

Bandai Namco
- surprised how well ToV sold. Gundam Musou 2 also did well
- Naruto Narutimate Storm (sp?) showed Japan's ability to put out a "super anime" game, or something
- plan to release 5-6 games on 360 this year. since it's HD they are all big titles
- some new IP
- i-mas DLC sales were a massive surprise. even though they don't sell overseas, the dev costs are totally covered

Bethesda
- bully and fallout 3 left a good impression
- the cancellation of star trek legacy was because the contract had run out, even though the dev was basically done
- fallout 3 sales were good
- will release multiple titles in 2009, including a surprising big project using another firm's IP
- will not release any games with an average review score less than 80

Capcom
- RE5 will sell 5-6 million. Within Japan, expect sales of 500k on one of the platforms
- demo was very popular
- 2009 will be multi-platform year
- sequels to Dead Rising and Lost Platform will be put out. They'll be multiplatform, but the 360 versions will have something a little different

Codemasters
- will probably release Dirt in japan too (Grid came out this month)
- thinking about a sequel to Overlord
- Xbox users love their games

EA
- Japan can expect Dante's Inferno
- considering selling retail games online, like they are doing with ps3
- will release close to 2008's number of games (17) this year

Atlus
- developing for 360

5pb
- putting lots of effort into 360 this year
- 3D is expensive so prefer 2D dev
- shooting games future will depend on how well dodonpachi and ketsui sell

From Software
- Ninja Blade coming out simultaneously worldwide (is it!?)
- Developing a 360 only game after Ninja Blade will be very difficult, waiting to see how the Japan market goes

Koei
- gundam musou 2 sold 60k on 360, feeling some positive response from the market
- including ports, will release quite a few games this year
- planning some new IP too
- will also make full use of Tecmo's skills

Q
- Mizuguchi not involved much in N3 II - devs are feelplus
- info will come out in spring
- planning collaboration with atari

Sega
- feel 360 is holding up well
- planning a (some?) big title besides Bayonetta. it's multi but they expect 360 owners will be happy nevertheless

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence