By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco and Atlus (heart) XBOX360

Kasz216 said:
axumblade said:
CaptDS9E said:
axumblade said:
How does "developing for xbox360" mean that they love the xbox 360? Valve didn't like developing for the PS3 but that didn't stop the Orange Box from coming out on the Ps3.

Valve didn't do the work on Orange Box for PS3. Another EA team did. That's the reason Left 4 Dead isn't out on PS3 yet. valve won't do it themselves

I guess that makes sense but at the same time doesn't explain why it means that Atlus is bias towards the 360. That's like saying Sega are bias towards Sony because they are making Yakuza.

Well Atlus has made like.... zero games for the PS3.

The only game they've even published for the system was Nippon Ichi's Disgaea 3.

I thought NIS published Disgaea 3 themselves. The only Disgaea game I remember Atlus publishing was the first for PS2 because Nippon Ichi hadn't set up their American publishing branch yet.

@MonstaMack-Operation Darkness and Zoids Assault bombed because they were practically shovelware. Atlus published RPGs are usually very niche and appeal to the educated gamer that knows the general quality of a game before he dives in. When the reviews trashed it, that dropped the appeal down to a bare minimum.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Surprised Atlus wants to put more energy into the 360. Spectral Force sold decently imho, but Zoids and Operation Darkness both bombed.

Zoids and Operation Darkness aren't exactly AAA or AA quality either.

They still sold better than Eternal Poison did in the US. ~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Altus is known for the Persona series. A 5th Persona released on the Xbox 360 or a port of Persona 4 would be nice//lol

Nice for Tales of Vesperia sales. I didn't expect this game to do what its doing right now!

Off-Topic: pbroy I think it would be wise to turn your Xbox 360 off//lol//its been on for 12 hours. It says your away.haha

ShadowSoldier said:
disolitude said:
BengaBenga said:
mibuokami said:
BengaBenga said:

Capcom
- RE5 will sell 5-6 million. Within Japan, expect sales of 500k on one of the platforms
- demo was very popular

Wow, I thought I read the expectations were 2.5 million. The rather low reactions to the demo won't really help selling this huge amount I guess. 500k in Japan means close to MGS levels. Will RE5 be that popular in Japan? I doubt it actually.

Now this is interesting, funny how they say 'in one of the platforms' out of courtesy to MS (which this article is obviously about) rather than just outright say PS3. I think the number is achievable, it all depends if the brandname still hold as much sway as Capcom obviously hope. 

I think the brandname is still pretty ok, but the series has Westernized alot, and RE5 seems to be even more shooter than RE4 based on the demo.

RE4 sold 500k on the PS2 and 200k on GC. Both had much bigger userbases than The PS3 and 360 respectively.

I don't know how Japan will react to this game but NA will eat it up. Especially on the 360, Im absolutely positive...

Like I said...people that are critical of the series or that like their controls one way may have a beef with it...but people that just pick up and play games and don't know what a "polygon" or the "Cell" are...they will love it.

True but the series has been on a deep slop since its inception from RE1...I mean RE4 sold less than 3 Mil on PS2 and Gamecube respectively (Adds to 6M but dev'ing for Mutliple consoles cost alot of money as opposed to one) I cant really see this selling 5-6M copies and 500k in Japan? Capcom Wishes!

The Resident Evil series was never on the Xbox. It's something new and fresh for Xbox fans that never owned any other consoles. The Xbox is also the home to many FPS/TPS fans. With the recent release of Left 4 Dead, there are many fans looking for the next zombie fix.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

xlost7 said:

Altus is known for the Persona series. A 5th Persona released on the Xbox 360 or a port of Persona 4 would be nice//lol

Nice for Tales of Vesperia sales. I didn't expect this game to do what its doing right now!

Off-Topic: pbroy I think it would be wise to turn your Xbox 360 off//lol//its been on for 12 hours. It says your away.haha

Haha, I didn't notice. NXE is so awesome that I can barely notice I have my 360 on. Ohh yeah, I was playing Fable 2 last night and fell asleep. Buying furniture is a pain.

I like to switch channels and watch TV when I play games.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Kasz216 said:
axumblade said:
CaptDS9E said:
axumblade said:
How does "developing for xbox360" mean that they love the xbox 360? Valve didn't like developing for the PS3 but that didn't stop the Orange Box from coming out on the Ps3.

Valve didn't do the work on Orange Box for PS3. Another EA team did. That's the reason Left 4 Dead isn't out on PS3 yet. valve won't do it themselves

I guess that makes sense but at the same time doesn't explain why it means that Atlus is bias towards the 360. That's like saying Sega are bias towards Sony because they are making Yakuza.

The only game they've even published for the system was Nippon Ichi's Disgaea 3.

It still doesn't mean that they actually favor the 360. I could see Microsoft paying Atlus to make games for them to gain relevance in the Japanese market. It hasn't worked thus far but doesn't mean that it won't happen.

Atlus would need relevence in the Japanese market first.

They're just as popular in the US... and with the US having a bigger userbase to expand into... it makes choosing the 360 and US market a no brainer.

Onyxmeth said:
Kasz216 said:
axumblade said:
CaptDS9E said:
axumblade said:

I thought NIS published Disgaea 3 themselves. The only Disgaea game I remember Atlus publishing was the first for PS2 because Nippon Ichi hadn't set up their American publishing branch yet.

@MonstaMack-Operation Darkness and Zoids Assault bombed because they were practically shovelware. Atlus published RPGs are usually very niche and appeal to the educated gamer that knows the general quality of a game before he dives in. When the reviews trashed it, that dropped the appeal down to a bare minimum.

Well Zoids Assualt doesn't sound so bad.  It just missed the mark.

Zoids games are all about the Zoids.

What makes a good zoids game?

Beating enemies capturing mechs and outfitting all sorts of different Zoids with different types of weapons based on your playing style.  Basically like turnbased Mechwarrior or something.  They have a few games like this and they kickass.  It's awesome to build up a bunch of different units based on the situation.

What did they do with this game?  They limited you to your starting zoids, and didn't let you get any of the dozens of other zoids to pilot.

It'd basically be like if they made a Pokemon game where you controlled a few pokemon... and couldn't "Catch them all."

Operation Darkness didn't seem too bad either.  It seemed like a good game... completly mired by a bad Camera that made the game unplayable.

axumblade said:
Kasz216 said:
axumblade said:

It still doesn't mean that they actually favor the 360. I could see Microsoft paying Atlus to make games for them to gain relevance in the Japanese market. It hasn't worked thus far but doesn't mean that it won't happen.

Atlus would need relevence in the Japanese market first.

They're just as popular in the US... and with the US having a bigger userbase to expand into... it makes choosing the 360 and US market a no brainer.

Most Atlus games I have are either JRPG's or have JRPG aspects.

I also am ready to believe that Atlus are more willing to continue making games for the PS2 then move on to the PS3. They seem to be one of the only companies to still make new exclusives for the PS2.

True.  However look at their sales.

Persona 3 sold just as well in the US as it did in Japan.

They make JRPGs that appeal to Americans.  Basically the same Atlus Fanbase that'll buy everything they have.

The only real exception so far is that P4 kinda bombed in the US for some reason.  Maybe the release was too close to FES?

Persona 3, Odin Sphere, the Truama Center games... I mean check out the games database.

Also a lot of their work is just translating other games other people have published and releasing them to the west.  The west userbase is much more valuable to Atlus.

will be nice to see what atlus can do with the 360.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Kasz216 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Kasz216 said:
axumblade said:
CaptDS9E said:
axumblade said:

Well Zoids Assualt doesn't sound so bad.  It just missed the mark.

Zoids games are all about the Zoids.

What makes a good zoids game?

Beating enemies capturing mechs and outfitting all sorts of different Zoids with different types of weapons based on your playing style.  Basically like turnbased Mechwarrior or something.  They have a few games like this and they kickass.  It's awesome to build up a bunch of different units based on the situation.

What did they do with this game?  They limited you to your starting zoids, and didn't let you get any of the dozens of other zoids to pilot.

It'd basically be like if they made a Pokemon game where you controlled a few pokemon... and couldn't "Catch them all."

Operation Darkness didn't seem too bad either.  It seemed like a good game... completly mired by a bad Camera that made the game unplayable.

I don't let Metacritic be the dictator of my decisions, but when I see the following score, 46/100 for both Operation Darkness and Zoids Assault, I know something went horribly wrong. Those scores do dictate the level of interest people have because I'm pretty sure almost all of the Atlus fans are internet users/informed gamers.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.