By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Original cool games don't make money, Dead Rising port yes

LordTheNightKnight said:
"I've always thought the hardcore reaction to this game was pretty childish."

Really. Then again, they've been childish for years. The way they cheer when a side other than theirs fails in some way just shows they are not mature.

Very true.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Around the Network

Um, why not make Dead Rising for PS3?

Now we just find out that Dead Rising 2 isnt coming to the Wii. Usual Capcom business, screwing Wii owners...

So Zack and Wiki wasn't profitable, eh?

People on here had me believing that it's not possible to lose money on a Wii game...

Somehow I find it hard to believe Zack & Wiki didn't make a profit yet. It sold 0.54 million according to vgchartz, if the publisher gets $20 per copy that's $10 million. Are we to believe this game cost as much to make as Gears of War?

Not only that but I do recall seeing some comments from Capcom about Zack & Wiki being a success. I'll try to find them later.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Somehow I find it hard to believe Zack & Wiki didn't make a profit yet. It sold 0.54 million according to vgchartz, if the publisher gets $20 per copy that's $10 million. Are we to believe this game cost as much to make as Gears of War?

Not only that but I do recall seeing some comments from Capcom about Zack & Wiki being a success. I'll try to find them later.

NJ5 please...

Don't believe the BS!!!

It cost $10 M and Microsoft only provided:

• Coding support
  • Testers
  • Advertising

and the engine was essentially "free", if not add about $10M in royalties and fees (At least)

Furthermore they used extensive outsourcing to China whereas Z+W was produced in Japan with some of the highest cost per developers in the world, am I right?

Tease.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
So Zack and Wiki wasn't profitable, eh?

People on here had me believing that it's not possible to lose money on a Wii game...

Capcom is lying to us, we all know those bastards can't count!

Squilliam said:
NJ5 said:

NJ5 please...

Don't believe the BS!!!

It cost $10 M and Microsoft only provided:

• Coding support
  • Testers
  • Advertising

and the engine was essentially "free", if not add about $10M in royalties and fees (At least)

Furthermore they used extensive outsourcing to China whereas Z+W was produced in Japan with some of the highest cost per developers in the world, am I right?

That's true, but doesn't it strike you as odd that a technologically simple game like Zack & Wiki can't break even with these sales?

I mean, where is the gaming business gonna end if a game like this can't break a profit at more than half a million units sold?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Soriku said:
Z&W and Okami definitely made money. Z&W at least should've made a hefty amount. Of course, they won't make as much as their flagship series, but what's wrong with some original titles now and then? >.>

Well Capcom is saying differently. It seems that people are grossly underestimated the cost of Wii games.

@ Okey

The mantra is definetely being forced out there. It seems people forget that a Dreamcast game cost more than $50 million to make.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So zack&wiki bombed. Maybe it is not as cheap to develop on wii as some people seem to think. ;)