By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Original cool games don't make money, Dead Rising port yes

Sad, sad, sad...

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Whatever Capcom does I don't question. As long as they strive to make more good games, I don't care.

Hmm, so VGC numbers are off - Sven an employee of Capcom which has asset ties to NPD and that VGC hurts NPD confirms that Capcom didn't even ship 500k so how could 500k sell through.

Reality check is that VGC is wrong or that Sven doesn't appreciate the gaming press's one true ability to resound his voice across the internet. This in turn means that he's publicly saying that Capcom has made a loss on the Wii platform, and that they still see success with their multiplatforming ambitions on the HD twins. I'm not sure if that's a very smart thing to say...

'Capcom doesn't know how to sell to the Wii install base."

Of course their was him litterally saying that they tested the game with 'Wii gamers' and found certain percieved value markers - we'll see how that plays out. But honestly the expanded audience is roughly 30% of Wii owners, I believe that number came with consideration of who in the household plays the system the most to the least. Capcom is saying that the gamers they tested appreciated the same values as the Xbox gamers... I believe right away he's knocking away 30% of the install base.

I'm looking forward to that spyborgs game though.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

theRepublic said:
outlawauron said:
NJ5 said:
outlawauron said:

But that isn' the case. Most of Zack and Wikis sales came from the $10-20 level. (Which it is now)

In Europe the game costs 30-50 € right now.

Really? I bought it for only $10 at Toys R Us in early 2008.....

That's because they clearanced the game to get rid of stock.  They do not sell it anymore.

Exactly my point, if the biggest Wii retailer isn't carring the game and was selling the game really cheap, I don't think people are still buying it for $50.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Resident Evil & Street Fighter are huge franchises that do well on Nintendo consoles. If they want to give us games that sell, why don't they give us those?

Instead they give us Dead Rising. It uses the Resident Evil 4 engine but doesn't look nearly as nice & has much lower development costs. It's also a franchise of a game that was fun because of the many zombies on screen, something this game won't have. This game was destined to fail.

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Hmm, so VGC numbers are off - Sven an employee of Capcom which has asset ties to NPD and that VGC hurts NPD confirms that Capcom didn't even ship 500k so how could 500k sell through.

Reality check is that VGC is wrong or that Sven doesn't appreciate the gaming press's one true ability to resound his voice across the internet. This in turn means that he's publicly saying that Capcom has made a loss on the Wii platform, and that they still see success with their multiplatforming ambitions on the HD twins. I'm not sure if that's a very smart thing to say...

Of course their was him litterally saying that they tested the game with 'Wii gamers' and found certain percieved value markers - we'll see how that plays out. But honestly the expanded audience is roughly 30% of Wii owners, I believe that number came with consideration of who in the household plays the system the most to the least. Capcom is saying that the gamers they tested appreciated the same values as the Xbox gamers... I believe right away he's knocking away 30% of the install base.

It's fanboys like Sven that run companies into the ground.

Does Capcom even have any big budget games in NA for the Wii?  It's already 2009...

dib8rman said:

Errr, what if you're wrong and hes right? Don't kill the messenger, even if its MSN.

I would say the simplest answer at this point is that Vgc is wrong, Sven is right about the sales numbers and profitability. Conspiracy theories just make Occam's Razor itchy.

Tease.

"t's also a franchise of a game that was fun because of the many zombies on screen"

In case you didn't hear, these fewer zombies are more aggressive.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs