By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Original cool games don't make money, Dead Rising port yes

Bobbuffalo: I'd expect that's got something to do with it.

I've still got my preorder in for this game, despite all of the nay-saying. I haven't really had a chance to play DR on the 360 (only for a little while on my brother's 360), but what I did play was pretty fun. Considering it's built on the RE4 engine (still one of the better games for Wii), I'm willing to give this a chance.

Here's hoping it's as fun as Capcom says!

Around the Network

If Viewtiful Joe didn't make money, why did they make a second one?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

wfz said:
Bobbuffalo said:
@kitchensink, maybe because the wii has a larger user base?

I admit that I prefered RE5 or SF4 on the wii. But maybe this is a test to see how well they can adapt a HD game in the SD Wii?

Years from now, when we all look back on this generation, this is going to be one of the staple marks of being a Wii owner... At least for the first few years of the console.

*sighs* yeah I know =/ I hope it ends this year..it has too. I have never seen a generation where the big companies were so hesitant to support the best selling console. It's so weird.

famousringo said:

If at first you don't succeed!

JoeJ said:
Bobbuffalo: I'd expect that's got something to do with it.

I've still got my preorder in for this game, despite all of the nay-saying. I haven't really had a chance to play DR on the 360 (only for a little while on my brother's 360), but what I did play was pretty fun. Considering it's built on the RE4 engine (still one of the better games for Wii), I'm willing to give this a chance.

Here's hoping it's as fun as Capcom says!

I hope it too ^^ I wanted to preorder it but many stores don't have a clue of when it will come to mexico :( I bet that it will arrive around march/april as always T_T

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
famousringo said:

If at first you don't succeed!

In that case, they should adopt the same plan with Zack & Wiki!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Yep, out with the old and in with the new?

Some gamers just need to know when to let go, find a new hobby, a while ago I'd decided to give video games and myself just one more go, it's to the point where I'm not sure what I'm looking for... just can't jerk the 'feeling' that gaming has just gone sour or maybe it's just sour to me. For now logic tells me that the consumer is never, ever wrong and that the responsibility of content falls on the lap of the Capcom's of the world. I'm happy Capcom knows it's a business I'm sad they are willing to lie to themselves to that point... or maybe that's what they really believe...

I've met some insane developers in my time and they are some of the most unrealistic people ever, super logical but would never expect their logic to be flawed. It's like they live sheltered lives, I guess I'm hoping that the divide in the industry drives this industry into the dirt, that way game development can return to being a hobby and not a profession. I'd rather the next Mario Bro's or Street Fighter 2, not litterally Mario 2 and Street Fighter 3... just another great game, back in the day I wouldn't even have had to ask for this, it would of been understood as the way things worked.

Maybe one day.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Later on, he writes, "In the end, Capcom will continue to make the games we believe people will love to play, whether they are unique titles such as Zack & Wiki and We Love Golf or reworked versions of existing titles like Resident Evil 4, Okami, and Dead Rising."

So those games just didn't make a lot of money, not outright flop, or else they wouldn't make those kinds of games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

so even after selling millions on 360, dead rising made no money? the gaming industry must be dying. o HD console, what hath thou done?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
so even after selling millions on 360, dead rising made no money? the gaming industry must be dying. o HD console, what hath thou done?

Read the comment again.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs