By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 widens the gap on PS3 by 8 million. PARTY TIME 360 FANS!!!!!!!

Phasma said:
Well, everyone knows that the ps3 will eventually go past the 360. It's just a matter of when. Don't try to deny it, you know im right.

Really? I like the Ps3 and all, but I actually honestly don't see that happening. You could argue that the Ps3 has a better line up this year, but with it's ultra low price and games like Huxley and Alan wake coming out this year, they'll be sure to keep the console afloat.

I think closing that 8 million and growing gap won't happen before '12 which will be around about when the next gen is supposed to commence.

Around the Network

Well well well. Remember that there are many ********* in the continent to the west of Europe. And ********* are not famous to be a generally smart people. They are easy to fool into buying one thing or another. Just put a man with muscles and a weapon on the cover of a game, and they get horny. So I`m not impressed by the sales. The truth is hard for many people to accept.

The reason for *** marks is that last time I spoke the truth and referred to Ocelots beautiful comment about the ******** in Metal Gear Solid 2, i got banned by an ******. He didnt even respond to my complaint to the ban. Well, the truth is hard for ********, as they have no respond to my arguments.

more reason to celebrate, it's at 28 million now. Probably ~29 mill shipped

Theo said:
Hammer-of-Dawn said:
ok, so you go by hype and brand power......but not the brands of the competition, and you also disregard the quality of games that have little hype next to them, got it.

Well maybe if you were to elighten me as to what 360 gems I'm missing out on I'd be enticed into getting the console, Alan Wake looks very interesting, read about it since before the 360 launched, and recent videos make it look awesome. But that's about it, I got bored of Halo back when I reached about 6k kills on Halo 2, couldn't bear Halo 3. Have yet to try out Gears. What else am I missing out on?

check metacritic.

Plenty 70-99% 360 games both retail and on XBLA that PS3 doesnt have. Plenty, more then a hundred and fifty actually.

The problem with the "well, over the same timeframe, the PS3 is outselling the 360" is that "over the same timeframe, the Will is cleaning out the PS3's clock in a HUGE way". If it is a matter of momentum and what is selling, and people jumping on that, then the Wii has it locked up. Be amazing to see SOME scenario where the PS3 ends up beating the Wii in sales.

So, the entire "we are #1" for Sony is gone, and they compete, game for game, with Microsoft... at a higher price point. In the mind of the consumer, can they see themselves picking a PS3 over the 360, for games, or games+BluRay?

Even if Sony cuts prices, will the new price make the PS3 the same price as the 360 or less expensive? If not, why would the situation change much at all? Ok, people who are hard up on cash are more likely to jump. But, if price is the issue, why would they still pick the PS3 over the 360?

Around the Network

hummer of dawn.

I think if you twisted yer brain you`d actually be a smart person. You talk about religion, but theres a difference between religion and plain facts.

Kos-Mos:
Proud owner of Wii and PS3....and of course believes in what I SEE. The possibilty to SEE difference in good and bad, ugly and beautiful, good games and bad games.

Well done 360, it deserves its lead, but how long will it keep it? They say an animal is at its most dangerous when its wounded and Sony are cut deep, real deep.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

@kosmos

offcourse there is a difference between religion and facts. religions are based off of faith.......a notion that is present when you are devoid of facts.

However 360 has factually more things going 4 it like more critically acclaimed games, more games in total, cheaper and a more feature rich online. I have faith and facts in my gaming religion.

Theo said:
Phasma said:
Well, everyone knows that the ps3 will eventually go past the 360. It's just a matter of when. Don't try to deny it, you know im right.

Really? I like the Ps3 and all, but I actually honestly don't see that happening. You could argue that the Ps3 has a better line up this year, but with it's ultra low price and games like Huxley and Alan wake coming out this year, they'll be sure to keep the console afloat.

I think closing that 8 million and growing gap won't happen before '12 which will be around about when the next gen is supposed to commence.

Well you can quote me on this when it happens, but when the ps3 hits the 299 or less, the momentum is going to be big and it will reduce the gap fast. It will overtake 360 sooner than 2012, that's for sure.