By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 widens the gap on PS3 by 8 million. PARTY TIME 360 FANS!!!!!!!

So Microsoft is the scrappy underdog now?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
saxophonehero said:
Jinova said:
*cough* one year lead *cough*

agreed

So this basically comfirms that the 360 will win against the ps3 because the ps2 had a one year lead and beat the xbox,its scary when you think about it.

Thanks for you input guys.

This.

@ Hammer of Dawn

So you'd agree then that Gta 4 deserved Goty? How can something not be fact but be dangerously close to it? It is, or it isn't. I never said anybody was wrong, but I stand by my opinion that the ps3 has a better line up, I stand by my opinion that Gta 4 did NOT deserve Goty.

Metacritic also rates Superman 2 as the second greatest film of all time doesn't it? I don't trust the journalists, I trust the games, and Gran Turismo and God of War are enough to sway me from gears and gaylo (I had to for the alliteration xD)

ok, so you go by hype and brand power......but not the brands of the competition, and you also disregard the quality of games that have little hype next to them, got it.

Congrats Microsoft and Xbox 360!

Around the Network
Hammer-of-Dawn said:
ok, so you go by hype and brand power......but not the brands of the competition, and you also disregard the quality of games that have little hype next to them, got it.

Well maybe if you were to elighten me as to what 360 gems I'm missing out on I'd be enticed into getting the console, Alan Wake looks very interesting, read about it since before the 360 launched, and recent videos make it look awesome. But that's about it, I got bored of Halo back when I reached about 6k kills on Halo 2, couldn't bear Halo 3. Have yet to try out Gears. What else am I missing out on?

Theo said:
@ Hammer of Dawn

So you'd agree then that Gta 4 deserved Goty? How can something not be fact but be dangerously close to it? It is, or it isn't. I never said anybody was wrong, but I stand by my opinion that the ps3 has a better line up, I stand by my opinion that Gta 4 did NOT deserve Goty.

Metacritic also rates Superman 2 as the second greatest film of all time doesn't it? I don't trust the journalists, I trust the games, and Gran Turismo and God of War are enough to sway me from gears and gaylo (I had to for the alliteration xD)

Good post, bad post... IMO

Good: It is also a nonsens to me that GTA4 is goty . I have lost my faith in gaming "journalism"...this is more a mix of marketing and self opinions... 2008 was full of great games on each side so, why choosing GTA ? .. anyway...

Bad : I have no problem understanding people putting their faith into the future iteration of great games lines like God of War and Gran Turismo or MGS. I had great time with those games on my PS2.

But I'm a bit upset about people neglecting the success of new franchise like Gears of War or the great results of the Halo series. That is all. When I read a post of some guys pretending that GOW2 sucks hard compared to KZ2... I think, ok this guy have a problem and he is boring. The opposite is 100% true as well.

Again, we are talking about facts here: The 360 performs well, maybe a bit more than what we initially expected because MS guys did a good job. PS3 is underperforming for the moment because the former playstation management failed at it.

It doesn't mean that it will stay like that of course...but the presence of the 360 on the market brings new interesting products and services to the gaming community. It is already a very good point to me, no matter how the situation will evolve...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

The X360 is a huge success half way into the generation. I don't think this momentum can be killed anymore.

I hope this means we secured 2nd place.

I wouldn't say it's secure.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Well, everyone knows that the ps3 will eventually go past the 360. It's just a matter of when. Don't try to deny it, you know im right.